cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to take over after cease on line

gibson1403

Time to take over after cease on line

Hi all,

My fiancée and I are moving into a new flat this week, and have created an account with PlusNet to be our new broadband supplier. Shortly after signing up we received an email telling us that there was a cease on our line from the previous tenants, which is fair enough as there was a gap between them leaving and us moving in. We've already received the new router etc.

The cease on the line completed yesterday (28/07), so when should we expect PlusNet to take over and be usable?

Thanks in advance!

Gibson1403

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Time to take over after cease on line

Welcome aboard @gibson1403

I've checked this for you and I can see we've got an order in place to reactivate the phone line at your address, which is planned to go through on the 3rd August before midnight on the day.

Once that's completed, we'll place another order to activate fibre, which can generally take around 5 working days.

Let us know if there are any issues

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gibson1403

Thanks for getting back to me quickly on this!

To clarify, does that mean that we won't have any internet service to the new flat until potentially the 10th August? On the account dashboard page it states:

BroadbandSetup.PNG

Which implies that we should have broadband service available on the 3rd, once the phone line is taken over.

My fiancée and I are both still predominantly working from home, and whilst we were prepared to have no internet service for a few days (Tuesday 3rd), an extra 5 days makes it almost impossible to work in the mean time. Is there any way to accelerate this?

Cheers!

Tom

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me Tom, no problem and that's a little misleading. Sad

Normally we'd place a 'simultaneous' order so phone and broadband activates on the same day, but in this case when we're reactivating a stopped line, it's much quicker to place the orders separately as simultaneous orders can generally take 14 days. I can't guarantee the way we're doing it will mean you'll be online on the 10th as it may be pushed back if we need an engineer. Similarly though I've seen standalone fibre orders complete in as little as a few days. Smiley

We can't speed this up any further unfortunately as when we placed the phone order we requested an activation of tomorrow, but that was pushed back to 03/08/21 likely due to engineer availability as the previous line may had been connected onto a provider's own equipment at the exchange rather than BT's we'd use.

While we can in theory expedite a fibre order, this is usually reserved for times where there's been a delay on an order caused by something our suppliers have done wrong, otherwise it'd cost a hefty sum of £196+VAT. Worth noting that expedite requests aren't guaranteed either due to the way orders progress through the supplier systems. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gibson1403

I called the customer service phone line and they were able to help.

Thanks for taking the time here, Gandalf!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Tom, let us know if you need any further help

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet