Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three weeks to activate?

jfarrell16
Hooked

Three weeks to activate?

Broadband Reference 3-152708520992

Hi

I placed an order with you on the 6th September. I moved in to my house on 9th September. Today I've been told "I've placed the simultaneous phone and fibre order for you and requested the 30/9/2016". Am I seriously going to have to wait three weeks after moving in before I get online? Even if it actually happens on the requested date? That's shocking! If that's the case I think I'll be looking at cancelling my order. Can anyone please explain why it is going to take this long? I tried replying to the support ticket this afternoon but I've had no response.
3 REPLIES 3
jfarrell16
Hooked

Re: Three weeks to activate?

Thanks for the response guys. I'd heard great things about Plusnet customer service which is why I decided to go with you. I've not even had an acknowledgement. I've lost a lot of faith in the company and sadly I wouldn't recommend you Sad

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hey,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I can appreciate that it's frustrating to have wait that long for the service to be installed/go active. It's unfortunate that the engineering resource hasn't been made available to connect you quicker. When you place an order with us, we then request engineering availability to process your order (with the same suppliers that most other ISP's use), so we can only provide the dates that they make available to us, unfortunately.

I appreciate this doesn't help you get connected any quicker, but I am sorry it's taking so long to get you connected, if we could get it provided quicker, we certainly would Sad

jfarrell16
Hooked

Hi Chris. Thank you for the response. I appreciate your apology. It's just a shame that BT both own Plusnet and Openreach but they aren't bothered about keeping people waiting so long. We're more than two thirds of the way there now thankfully.