cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This isolating key worker needs service as promised.

maxine6pixx
Hooked

This isolating key worker needs service as promised.

My revised connection date (was 4 April but now mid June) is hardly acceptable. Delivery date was a factor in my choice of ISP as I am a teacher self isolating with students who need to be working; I can't do that on 4G service. I now have my modem so why so long?
8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: This isolating key worker needs service as promised.

@maxine6pixx 

If this is a new line that needs an Openreach technician to enter your home then it’s because Openreach have decreed that their staff shall not enter private properties until further notice. If this is the case then don’t hold your breath that it will happen in June.

Why can’t you use mobile data? If your phone and mobile contract allows tethering then you can use that as a hotspot.

As an alternative you could buy a MiFi unit sush as a Huawei E5577 and put a SIM in this. Mobile data is not expensive, for example if you can receive 02 then you can get 80GB from Giffgaff that can be used for up to a month on a monthly contract for £20

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

maxine6pixx
Hooked

Hi,
Thank you for your response. No, as on my file, this isn't a new line; no-one need enter the house but someone needs to climb the telegraph pole. The Open Reach guy came last week and couldn't because there was a van under the pole; I have now parked my car there so can easily free up that space when they come by again. Regarding working from home, as a self isolating key worker, I am expected to carry on teaching Media and Photography and as you can imagine audio and image file sizes that I need to grade are large; even if I upgraded my data allowance beyond the current 75gb, 4G download speeds would prohibit a workflow sufficient to cope with such a volume of data. As I said, I need this connection and the only barriers now are someone climbing that pole outside my house and you guys connecting me. This is becoming a matter of some urgency now and I will be having to explain myself when students get back to it after Easter.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @maxine6pixx, thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry for the delays encountered.

I have escalated this with our suppliers to get your order progressed and a further engineer out, I will get back to you once we receive a further update.

I am really sorry any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
maxine6pixx
Hooked

Thank you, LaurenB. I look forward to hearing back from you.
maxine6pixx
Hooked

Hi Lauren, thanks for keeping in touch end of last week and a message this morning. I was hoping to hear from you this afternoon with an update; I can only assume this is still unresolved. Maybe tomorrow... I appreciate you are doing your best with the tools you have and I am very grateful for the communications from you.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your time on the phone. As discussed, I will get back to you tomorrow hopefully with further confirmation on the new date given and will continue to keep you in the loop.

Have a lovely evening.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
maxine6pixx
Hooked

Lauren, thank you for continuing to chase this; I'm astounded that something so simple is proving so complicated. I was extremely disappointed when Open Reach didn't show up today as we had expected and I am now having to seriously considering my position at work; several vocational groups, who will not get teacher assessed grades as the A Level students, are waiting on feedback and instruction on how to progress and I am unable to download their work to grade. If this is to go unresolved any longer, I need to let my colleagues know so they can pick up my workload; a situation that would seriously embarrass me professionally... Please continue to keep me informed as shortly, I shall be forced to make the undesirable and difficult decision to pass my workload over.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I am very sorry for the delays @maxine6pixx. I having had any more of an update as of yet I'm afraid so it's looking like it won't be until after the weekend before we know more, which I know is disappointing.

I will give you a call later this evening just to discuss this further and of course if anything changes between now and then I will let you know.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team