cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of returning to plusnet from Vodafone.

ellwoodscot

Thinking of returning to plusnet from Vodafone.

Issues:

1) Trying to get a price Plusnet recognises but gives me:
"Account Closing
You can't change your products for the moment, there is a problem with your next billing date. Please try again later.

Please change your email address to your new one if you have not done so already."

I left 4 maybe 5 years ago?

2) I'm leaving Vodafone because they appear to be dicking with the connection, updates not coming through to devices, VPN failures. Is Plusnet any better?

12 REPLIES 12
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Thinking of returning to plusnet from Vodafone.

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi
I do not believe old PN accounts can be re-activated.
You will have to sign up as a new customer with a new account name.

I have not had any issues with PN broadband apart from a fault at the Openreach fibre cabinet last year but that was not an ISP issue, all ISPs using the cab were affected.

Regards
Richard
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

Cheers for looking at coming back to us. Richard's correct in that we can't fully reactivate an account once closed, so I'd recommend creating a new one by going here > https://www.plus.net/broadband/

If you've got further queries, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ellwoodscot

Well, yes, but I get:

It looks like you’re already with us
If you want to change your package, just sign in to My Account to see what deals are available.

Whereupon I get:

Account Closing
You can't change your products for the moment, there is a problem with your next billing date. Please try again later.

Please change your email address to your new one if you have not done so already.

As soon as I enter address and phone line you tag me as existing!

Add to that, that on the page there's no way for me to logout of that account, and I have a problem 🙂

I want to *look* at the offers; I don't want to talk to anyone... and you make it a tad difficult!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I can fix that. Can you private message me the username? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the private message @ellwoodscot, I've just PM'd you back now.

It turns out I can't fix this as the account is archived in our systems. I've raised a task to our NetOps team to investigate further but it can take 3 to 5 working days for a response as those folk are busy. As a workaround try checking our offers and/or signup without entering your current landline number.

If you can private message me your new username & landline number if you do sign up, I can then make sure we manually intervene and import your number. I'll be out of the office tomorrow for the rest of the week but if you message me back, my colleagues will be able to get back to you while I'm away. 

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Gandalf 

Is it still the case that a returning user will encounter issues if they try to use a telephone number already associated with an account - live or dead?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Only if the account is active. If it’s destroyed/closed, then it shouldn’t make a difference, which is puzzling in this case because an archived account should be closed.

Let’s see what NetOps say when they get back to me. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

I'll take your word for that.  I do recall a time when this was a regular occurrence for returning users - their phone number still being on their old account stopped them setting up a new account.

I seem to recall this being associated with accounts not being destroyed properly - the difference between "destroyed" and "queue-destroyed".  Looking at my referrals list (good to see that is now fixed!!) I see that I have a lot of accounts queued but not destroyed.  Would be interesting to see what might happen if any of those users returned on the same telephone number.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Townman, I don't remember queued-destroy or destroyed accounts causing an issue with new signups. The instances I've personally seen where the phone number on an account stopped a new account from being signed up was when the original account was a pay as you go account from back in the day. 

I don't think there was much difference between a queued-destroyed and destroyed account, at least since 2014 when I started working here. Nowadays both states mean the account's cancelled. 

@ellwoodscot, could you private message me your landline number so I can take a closer look?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Townman wrote:

...  Looking at my referrals list (good to see that is now fixed!!) ...

Interesting @Townman .  I'd given up on that ages ago and assumed it had been removed, but checked following your comment above and it's back.  Thumbs_Up

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It turns out there were a couple of legacy Pay as you Go accounts active in our systems that’d be causing this. I think the archived account is a red herring. 

@ellwoodscot I’ve messaged you back earlier but you should now be able to check our offers and sign up using your landline number. Let me know how it goes. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet