cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The most stressful internet house move I've ever had

FIXED
EmeraldFire

The most stressful internet house move I've ever had

I made sure to contact plusnet on the 24th July to arrange the house move. I was told that it should be done by 7th Aug, perfect!
7th Aug comes and no internet. I ring plusnet and get told I need to wait 65 min and then authenticate. Still no internet.
Next day, I ring yet again and after going through tech support, get passed to provisions. The moving house order got rejected and I had ZERO communication from plusnet. Provisions had to put it through manually but because it was a weekend, it wouldn't go through til Monday. Again, I was told to wait for a committed date within 24-48 hours from Monday. I gave them 72h of yet again no communication only to be told the order had been rejected again! Oh and I have to wait 24 working hours (you can say 3 business days...) before getting a date.

From what I've been told, something has gone wrong with the broadband but the phone line is fine. I am furious that I have to keep chasing and waiting on hold for hours. The communication has been diabolical and in COVID-19 times, we need internet to do our jobs! My employers arent exactly going to be happy when my mobile data runs out and I can't do anything! I am pretty sure I'll have to ring again because I have no trust that plusnet knows how to keep it's customers informed when things go wrong.
So. In the most recent communication in the heavily flawed Questions section: What exactly does 'Ignoring Phone Unsolicited Cease due to house move' mean?
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: The most stressful internet house move I've ever had

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Orders.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
tmdaborn

I have the exact same problem. Phone line set up and no broadband despite ordering it a long time ago. Have been told we can have fibre, then we can't, then we can again. Honestly been the worst experience I've ever had setting up broadband after moving home.
Plus Net please do something to help us here, it's been appalling so far. We just want what we're paying for!
EmeraldFire

I even had a message from the previous tenant saying they had cancelled the broadband and it would be disconnected within 24 hours from when he phoned them. They moved out almost 2 weeks ago. Someone, and it is likely BT, is making this unnecessarily difficult.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Fix

Hi there @ EmeraldFire,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for any late response here, we investigate all social media posts so an earlier response was not possible.

I'm sorry to hear of the house move issue and appreciate you asking us to look into it.

I contacted you today and a full ticket response is available here.

I'll get back to you once I have an update from our suppliers Openreach.

Feel free to contact me here or via the ticket if you have any further queries.

Thanks - LF

EmeraldFire

Thank you, Tahir, for taking ownership of this issue and helping to sort it out. I've cancelled for free now and am embarking on getting broadband setup with BT. I hope their customer service is as good as plusnet...
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

That's great to hear so thanks @EmaraldFire, I'm glad I was able to sort this out although I'm sad to see you leaving. I hope we can find something suitable for you sometime in the future. Thanks - LF

EmeraldFire

*sigh*
I've just had two emails saying 'Thank you for deciding to stay with plusnet' regarding the home phone (I assume at my old address). That needs to be cancelled. I don't want to receive a bill know the future because a new tenant has plugged a phone in and started chatting away.
Please can you make sure that EVERYTHING I have with plusnet is cancelled please?
tmdaborn

This is absolutely part of the problem. Emails from customer service advising of two opposite things within the same day or two!