cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service regarding house move. Customer of 15+ years

Puppetmasteruk

Terrible service regarding house move. Customer of 15+ years

I am absolutely shocked and disgusted at how Plusnet have managed my relocation using the home moving "service". I use the word service loosely as I actually consider it a process rather than a service... full of incompetence with a sheer lack of empathy or respect for its long term customers.

I ordered my line move 6 weeks ago and despite knowing full well that cabling had been delivered in to our new house, I was repeatedly told that construction work needed to be carried out. 4 weeks later after constant communication, I was given an install date which was Tues 14th November. I knew I'd have to take a day off work so I was happy to do this in order for the work to be carried out. I was given an am slot (8am-1pm) and waited patiently all morning to no avail. I called up Plusnet to see what was going on only to be told that the work had been carried out and my line was live! After explaining to the advisor that I live in a newly built house and that I don't have a socket on the wall, I was told that the BT engineer was given the wrong information. Despite this, they were unable to expedite my order and I was told that I'd have to wait until Friday 17th for the engineer to come back! I was also informed that the broadband hadn't yet been ordered despite the notes on my account saying that broadband would be ordered straight away as soon as the line was connected (externally). Having realised this, I asked the adviser to please place the order as I didn't want to delay this any further. The advisor told me she'd place the order but that it wouldn't be live until Monday 20th. The problem here is that I've been pushing back my Sky TV install every week for the last 6 weeks as they won't install it without an active broadband. As I was expecting my broadband to be ready in time, I have booked Sky to be installed on Saturday 18th. If I cancel this now, Sky have told me that I will have to wait until after Christmas!!

Despite all this, I had to accept that the broadband wouldn't be live until Monday 20th. However, today (Wednesday 15th) I noticed that I hadn't had an email from Plusnet to confirm all this, so I called them again. Having spoken to another advisor, I was made aware that the previous advisor had actually done NOTHING and made NO notes. Shocked at this, I asked if the engineer could still arrive on Friday as promised and was told that this indeed was still possible. However, I was also told that my broadband would now not be available until Tuesday 21st!!

I asked (under the circumstances) if I could have my order expedited but was told I'd have to wait for my order to be received by the carrier before an expedite request could be made. Later that day I received an email saying it couldn't. Not happy with this, I called again only to he told that the expedite was too expensive and that Plusnet wouldn't make any money. How about all the money I've spent with you over the last 15 years??!... And they wouldn't spend £160 to keep me happy??? I was told that I'd have to pay to expedite the order!... And that if I wanted to speak to a manager, that I'd have to put in a request and wait 3 working days before I'd get a call back.... But also that I'd be wasting my time as the managers can't waive expedition charges either.

Take all of this in to consideration and also consider that my next door neighbour moved in to their new house 2 weeks ago and have broadband already!!! No problems at all.

How is this possible?
Why am I being ignored and treated so poorly?
Why are you operating such an incompetent service?
Why am I not worth £160 to expedite this after 15 years of being a customer?

The service is shocking and disgusting from a company that prides themselves on customer service!
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Terrible service regarding house move. Customer of 15+ years

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Topic moved to My Order board for clarity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm sorry about the missed appointment and delays in getting your service activated.

I believe we've spoken over Twitter? Please let me know if there's anything I can do to follow up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, the incompetence is breathtaking !  Shocked

Puppetmasteruk

Hi

I think we have spoken on twitter, yes. You axplained to me that yet again I was lied to and that the engineer wasn't going to come on Friday. How is it possible that I've been lied to twice?

I called the team again today to question this and they confirmed the the engineer hadn't been booked for Friday and that they couldn't actually book one until the broadband was live!!??

I argued that this was ridiculous and asked to be put through to faults. The faults team took the call and after listening to my situation, the girl I was speaking to put me on hold... But actually just transferred me to another colleague completely unannounced! He didn't even know what I'd been transferred to him for!!

After explaining everything yet again, he tried to book the engineer for Friday but was only able to offer me the following Monday. Funny this as your home moving department told me that an engineer couldn't be booked until the broadband was live! 🤔

Yet again, a complete lack of competence and knowledge. How are these people even working in this department? Why are there no managers to talk to? I was told yet again that I couldn't speak to a manager as they were too busy to take my call. Where has the service gone from this company? "we'll do you proud" is your tag line! What an utter joke!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I called the team again today to question this and they confirmed the the engineer hadn't been booked for Friday and that they couldn't actually book one until the broadband was live!!?Huh

I'm sorry if you were advised that. If you've got no Openreach socket, we'd arrange a fault against the phone line. I'll raise a ticket on your account soon to progress this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet