cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service and empty promises

DezLuan
Hooked

Terrible service and empty promises

I opened my account on 25 June 2021 and was initially satisfied with the timeframe of the process. Come completion date, 9 July 2021, only my phone service was enabled with no update on my broadband service.

I started phoning (since there's no way to reach PlusNet via email) to get an update. The consultant advised that my broadband will be active on the same day by 00:00. The next day, still no broadband. 

I phoned again and the new consultant could not see what the issue was, but she'll phone me back at 14:00. Come 15:00, no phone call. So, I phoned again.

The next consultant advised that there is some issue (unclear) that their engineers raised, but they don't work over weekends and I should get an update on Monday. She was so kind to escalate the matter internally (sure..). 

I received an email stating that this will be fixed by EOD on 7/13/2021.

Come Monday, I thought to phone again to just get another update. This consultant tells me that this will be fixed by EOD 7/14/2021!! I should wait until Thursday before phoning again.

What an absolute load of [-Censored-]!!

I work from home and I'm dependant on my connection, hence, ordering the broadband in advance.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Terrible service and empty promises

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MAARA1

Don't want to disappoint you, but we had the runaround for 34 days before we got connected. Openreach hide behind the fact that your contract is with plusnet not them so they can't (won't) dicuss it with you

Good luckl

DezLuan
Hooked

Thanks. It seems you are correct. The issue is with OpenReach Sad

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for reaching out @DezLuan

The delays on your order appear to centre at the cabinet, also known as the PCP. When the Openreach engineer went out to connect your line on 09/07/2021, they found that the ports at the PCP were faulty, and needed fixing/replacing.

The engineer then raised what we call a LLUMS case in order to get this process initiated, we're yet to receive a further update on this though, and have since been asked to review back on 15/07/2021. In my experience, LLUMS cases can be quite prolonged, though there's no way of knowing how long this particular one is going to take at the moment. Rest assured you will not be charged for a Broadband service that you don't have, and a Ticket is open with our Provisioning Team which they'll continue to monitor.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that this unforeseen delay will inevitably cause.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
DezLuan
Hooked

@adam945 , I fully understand the issue and I'm not bothered about being charged. I'm bothered that I don't have the connection and that I had to revert to mobile data (costing me an estimate of about £10 a day) as I work from home.

This statement bothers me:

@adam945 wrote:

In my experience, LLUMS cases can be quite prolonged, though there's no way of knowing how long this particular one is going to take at the moment.

It was stated that the issue will be fixed on Monday, then it was stated that the issue will be fixed EOD 7/13/2021. Then in another instance, it was stated that it will be fixed on Wednesday, 7/14/2021. Now, you're saying that there's no way of knowing how long this one is going to take?Huh

Please give me an EXACT date when this will be fixed or align at least which estimated date this will be fixed.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your response @DezLuan

I've just been in touch with Openreach (hence the late reply) and have been informed that there are a few issues with the LLUMS case that's been raised, possibly an issue with the LLUMS reference number. They're chasing this up on their end, and will provide our Provisioning Team with a further update later this week.

In my experience, LLUMS cases can sometimes take a few weeks to resolve, though we have nothing on our end as of yet in terms of an estimated response time, this is what we're chasing at the moment.

Adam
DezLuan
Hooked

@adam945 

Appreciate your response, but...

Manage the expectation. Don't tell a customer that there will be an update, only to delay it by another week or misaligning on estimated times.

Are there any alternatives PlusNet can provide me in the meantime? 

The day the switchover was supposed to happen, the existing internet connection at the premises (Sky) was still working without any problem - I'm assuming this because it was a non-Fibre broadband connection. I know PlusNet provides non-Fibre broadband packages - can't this be activated on my line in the meantime?

Regards,

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can completely understand how frustrating this is @DezLuan, both myself and our Provisioning Team are doing everything we can to get a clearer update for you.

Usually, when a LLUMS case is raised on an order, we're given an ERT - a date in which we can expect the LLUMS case to be resolved, in my experience, this usually takes around 3-4 weeks.

The problem on your order though, is that the engineer has provided an incorrect LLUMS case ID, so Openreach are struggling to find the correct records in order to provide us with the ERT. We've contacted them on numerous occasions, trying to get the correct LLUMS ID, and this has been escalated to the relevant team on their end, with an update due to be provided by the end of the day today.

I've not set any expectations at the moment, and am only taking an educated guess based on previous experience, though we'll only know the expected completion date on your order once Openreach have managed to get the correct LLUMS ID.

Are there any alternatives PlusNet can provide me in the meantime? 

The day the switchover was supposed to happen, the existing internet connection at the premises (Sky) was still working without any problem - I'm assuming this because it was a non-Fibre broadband connection. I know PlusNet provides non-Fibre broadband packages - can't this be activated on my line in the meantime?

Correct, LLUMS cases are raised on Fibre orders only, so theoretically, we would be able to place a new order for an ADSL service, although we'd have to cancel down the current FTTC order, which would also close the ongoing LLUMS case.There can only be one order on a line at any given time. If you'd like to re-contract onto ADSL, please give our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632, We're unable to place any orders until the contract / products on the account reflect the service being ordered.

Adam