cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Setup experience

dkennedy1

Terrible Setup experience

Just joined and wish I hadn't! No broadband for 10 days - PN blaming previous provider and Openreach. I'm not convinced - once they have you on contract they just don't seem to give a toss. Has anyone made an FOI request to PN to find out exactly what they have done and when?
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Terrible Setup experience

A good way of getting a sensible response from other Community Members is to give us an idea of your issues. As far as an FOI request goes, I think that is a little OTT, but as I said, more information would be useful.

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Have a look at your tickets in the Member area for more info on what happened.

However a common mistake is to cancel with your previous supplier as this then means no other order can be put on your line until it completes. It has been know for some ISP's to put a cease on the line to cause this very event - of course they deny it.

dkennedy1

Many thanks for the advice. PN were handling all of the switch - I naively thought they could co-ordinate the dates, but that was obviously beyond their capabilities. At least my expectations have fallen to what I hope is the appropriate level, but given the last couple of days, I'm pretty sure PN have more disappointment in store.
jab1
Legend

You still haven't given us any information on which to determine whether an FOI request would be worthwhile, or even useful.

John
dkennedy1

PN are supposed to be contacting me today - if they continue to blame Sky & Openreach then I would be tempted. I need to go through the correspondence to see if that has the same information, but given I currently have no broadband and a not very good phone I will have to wait before I can check properly. Given that PN haven't given much grounds for trust, a FOI isn't as much overkill as it might seem.
jab1
Legend

I'm deleting this topic from my subscription list  - it is obvious you only wish to moan, not obtain any help.

John
dkennedy1

John, in fairness PN made it clear they weren't going to do much. I am interested bin finding out if they make any effort to ensure continuity of service when they manage the switch. This is important to know.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @dkennedy1 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see the problems you've had and how we've handled your order.

My name's Anoush and I'm taking personal ownership moving forward.

I've updated the ticket Here with more information and I'll provide another within 24 hours as soon as I know more.

Also, what's a FOI? A quick Google search suggests Freedom Of Information. If that's the case, I suspect you're referring to a data subject access request (DSAR) and one can be made from Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet