cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Plusnet > John Lewis experience

Rudidudi

Terrible Plusnet > John Lewis experience

I ordered  fibre package from John Lewis broadband on 19th March.  Existing provider was Plusnet.  Activation on JL was due to be 2nd April.

I received a few email messages advising me that I had reaised some issues, which I had not.  I telephoned JL support on 25th March and was advised that there had been some issues and that the date for activation had moved from 2nd April to 9th April.

Having not received any updates at all, I telephoned JL broadband on 8th April (activation was due next day) and I was advised that there had been some provisioning issues.  I had not been advised of these until I contacted support.  I was advised that I could either place an order with another provider and then JL broadband or I could progress with JL but I would have to lose the telephone number (which has been the same one for many many years).

I advised that neither of these were acceptable, and I was advised that the only other alternative was to cancel the order.

At no stage had John Lewis proactively provided any assistance whatsoever.

I was transferred to the cancellation department and I was advised that cancelling would just cancel the JL order and I would remain on the previous Plusnet broadband, with no adverse effects.

On 9th April I lost broadband!

I contacted Plusnet and I was advised that I should not have been told that the lobe has already been transferred to fibre and that the cancellation needed more notice and that I should not have been advised that there was no impact.

I was advised that I could upgrade the Plusnet broadband to fibre and that this would work, but a router needed to be sent out.  I am advised that this should arrive sometime next week, taking into account holidays and possible postal delays

I am awaiting contact from the complaints team and have requested escalation.

I contacted technical support yesterday on how to configire a fibre router that was loaned and they advised me that teh libe had not been provisioned to fibre and was still on ADSL, a direct contradiction to what I had been advised by others.  I was then transferred to provisioning that said the line was provisioned for fibre but their systems hadnt been updated and that it 'should' work (once the router is received) else they may need to do some small changes.

Seriously!?!?  I have rarely seen such levels of incompetence.

Every contact with support needed me to explain the issue from the start.  I have wasted hours on the phone (again JL or Plusnet have never bothered to contact me to advise me of any issues).

At this stage Im not confident that even when the router arrives anything will work.

I want to fast track this and get regualtors involved asap if it isnt resolved quickly.

How long does it take the complaints team to make contact?

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Terrible Plusnet > John Lewis experience

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Rudidudi

No communication from complaints so far

Email advising router was posted today, despite being told that it was posted last week

Misadvised by JohnLewis Plusnet that cancellation of the order would not change anything and that the older Plusnet account would continue.  This was incorrect and the line was already partially provisioned and because the previous account was ADSL the service stopped on 9th, with no router capable of connecting to the 'new' fibre line.

Im still waiting for complaints to engage, despite being advised that it had been escalated.

Still no broadband.

I need this fast tracked so that I have the option to take it to the regulator.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@Rudidudi Hi there, I am sorry to hear about this. I have raised it onto your account. I forward to hearing from you.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Rudidudi

Earlier today I contacted support, yet again. 

I was promised that the issue was raised and escalated and that LINDA from ESCALATION HUB would be calling me back.

Of course, the promise was broken and i receive no call.

Yet another thing to add to the complaint.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@Rudidudi Good morning, I am case handling your complaint and will be in contact this morning. Thanks.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team