cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taken my money, cancelled my previous broadband & left me hanging...

GroovyG
Dabbler

Taken my money, cancelled my previous broadband & left me hanging...

Hello all, I just need to vent.

I signed up to plusnet fibre in a switch from sky broadband and my switch date was last week on the 10th.

The 10th passed and my sky was deactivated but plusnet wasn't running so I called the following day and was told that there was an issue with the service provider and it would be installed by tomorrow (15th).

I have since had further communication from plusnet and have been told that I won't be activated tomorrow and that you'll send me a new activation date within 72 hours but the reason behind this isn't clear!

I have been told twice that I would be compensated although this wasn't clear how! I am now without any internet or phone line and this issue isn't being fixed! I had stable broadband with sky so what is the issue, why am I being messed around?

My brother switched from sky to BT last month with no issue and my mum from sky to now broadband, both were smooth moves, my brother was informed it was as simple as flicking a switch.

Would it be possible for sky to reinstate my broadband as my experience so far with plusnet has been a shambles and I've already paid for the first month's service too, or is there someone here capable of helping me get my service started?
10 REPLIES 10
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Taken my money, cancelled my previous broadband & left me hanging...

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the spam filter

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
GroovyG
Dabbler

I would love some help please.

At the very least you could activate my phone line seeing as it was already active.

If I end up cancelling under the cooling off period due to lack of service I shouldn't have to pay for a new phone line should I? I'd expect you to compensate me for this seeing as you've cut my line for no reason at all if I did have to pay for a new line.

Also is the compensation due in line with ofcoms regulations at £5 per day of missed service?

Ideally I'd just like my services activated please, I've been let down for 2 promised activation dates this far, the 10th and 15th (tomorrow).
GroovyG
Dabbler

Today I've been told that the weekend request wasn't successful and that I'd now have a new activation date this Wednesday however the notes on my account says different!

In addition I've been offered one month's free broadband for this travesty which can be shoved in a place the sun doesn't shine.

Thanks for the lack of help from the forum staff too, I expected nothing less.

I'm without a doubt cancelling this contract tomorrow morning under the cooling off period and I will expect a refund of the £21.95 I paid on the 18/05/20 returned to me asap.

Absolute charlatans!!!
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

The 14 days starts from the date you ordered the service - so you are already beyond your colling off period.

Did you cancel with your previous ISP?

GroovyG
Dabbler

My previous ISP was cancelled through my switch with Plusnet so Plusnet will have dealt with it but ultimately yes it's cancelled with them.

Regarding the cooling off period that may be the case however my issue here is that the contract isn’t meeting the expectations set out for me. In this case Plusnet should be obliged to release me from the contract as they clearly can't sort this issue out for me.

They are not giving me a reason for lack of broadband they are simply passing the buck and saying it's their suppliers fault and they are trying to rectify it, never any detailed information from them and it feels like I'm simply being fobbed off.

I have paid for the 1st months service in advance for a phone line and fibre broadband yet I am without a broadband service and still no activation date as they keep delaying it for nonsensical reasons, 3 delays in 5 days now.

I was told the activation would be the 10th, this didn't happen and I received no communication before they said the 14th it would be activated, they cancelled this on the weekend and said they'd have to place a new order and I'd instead receive an activation date within 72 hours before again cancelling this today and replacing the order thus delaying the activation notification date again, why? Now on my order it has different information to that what I've been told, it's bloody ridiculous!

I will look into every conceivable way to get out of this contract if these charlatans don't do the honourable thing and either activate my paid for broadband service or release me from the contract, I'm absolutely disgusted in my treatment with this company to this point, it's disgraceful!
GroovyG
Dabbler

I'll clarify this is now an official complaint and I'll be following up tomorrow via your 0800 432 0200 number.

I've also taken screenshots of all messages posted in this thread in the event this needs to be taken further.

14 days or June 30th at the latest are the times other companies are saying they would activate my broadband by yet Plusnet who I'm now with can't give me a date for broadband activation or a reason for the lack of broadband...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there I'm really sorry to see this, I've just looked into this and I need to respond to you with some account specific information so I've added a support ticket to your account here advising the cause of the issue and what we can do going forward: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=202864851

Please take a look and let me know when you can how you would like to proceed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
GroovyG
Dabbler

Hi Adam, thanks for the information and the choices of how I'd like to proceed however everything should be taken care of now.

I've was told this morning that the contract is now cancelled and I'll get a full refund within 14 days.

Obviously that's not what I was initially after as I agreed to the contract but due to how the last week has panned out it's a solution that I was and still am very happy to take.
GroovyG
Dabbler

I was told that my contract was cancelled and I'd get a refund within 14 days, 3 weeks ago.

After 15 days - No refund!

I called last Monday and was told that the refund wasn't processed and they were doing it then, I was told I'd have my money within 5 working days.

Yesterday I had no refund! I called and was told it was due in my bank today.

Today - no refund!

I'm now calling again but this is ridiculous, could I please just have my refund for the initial payment for the service I paid for and never received refunded please, what is the issue?
GroovyG
Dabbler

GIVE ME MY REFUND F(F)S AND STOP IGNORING ME, THIS IS TAKING THE ABSOLUTE P!!!