cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System says my preferred speed is not available at my address but it is!

FIXED
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: System says my preferred speed is not available at my address but it is!

Hey @PeterLoftus, do you have an account open with us right now? I've tried searching for one, but I'm afraid I can't find it and if this is in the pre-signup stages, I'm afraid that there's little we can do to help here on the forums. We don't have any additional insight into what speeds are currently available in your area and we'd need to go off of what's provided in the contract you take out with us when it comes to investigating speed faults. Estimates and availability can change over time, so it may be the case that this has happened here. In addition to that, I don't want to speculate too much on hypotheticals as I don't want to promise you something we can't provide or accidentally mislead you in any way. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@TheMightyAJ Having read the BTW report the OP posted, it appears that BT/OR are carrying out 'engineering works' at or near the cab - whatever those are, so there is no availability showing.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Just guessing. It could be that the engineering works is the change to FTTP being in progress, so Openreach are no longer accepting FTTC orders.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@Baldrick1 Possible, but it also states it is not a priority exchange for FTTP. The Roll-out programme published by Openreach (October 21) has it in the end sequence  21/22 2026

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

I'm siding with @jab1 on this one, and I've seen it before. It's not that FTTC is not available in the area, Openreach have temporarily halted all FTTC orders from being placed at this cabinet due to engineering work.

I'd recommend sticking with your current provider for now, to maintain an FTTC service, and keep an eye out for when the availability checker changes to reflect that FTTC is now available to be ordered. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks guys It's great to be on the Forum again after being away for serveral years and thanks for all the insights and advice!

@adam945 Of all the posts I am going to follow your advice and stay where I am for the mo and keep tying to put through and order to catch the moment when the embargo is lifted.

I do think hovever that the process is too clunky for the average Jo and I pity anyone who isn't able to game the system like you guys getting a fair deal!!!

My plan includes taking out an order for BT Sport with Plusnet to watch on my FireStick as I understand YouView Boxes arn't available anymore

Regards

Peter

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
jab1
Legend

@PeterLoftus If I were you, I'd just check the BTW site daily - quicker than trying to place an order.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah I get that @PeterLoftus, to be honest it's not something we see often, but as I said, I've come across a similar situation before. Unfortunately, we ourselves don'#t have a system which notifies customers (or would-be customers in your case) as to when FTTC becomes available, so as per @jab1's last post, you're best just checking in on the availability checker whenever you can, and placing an order once it's available.

Also, it's my understanding that the BT Sport App itself cannot be installed on Fire Sticks, the BT TV App can, though I have no personal experience in using it, nor have I seen anyone able to use their BT Sport subscription with Plusnet through the BT TV App.

I'll be giving this a go on my Fire Stick this evening though and will let you know if it works!

Adam
PeterLoftus
Pro

@adam945 I'm ahead of you on this, I am with BT at the mo and have two fireSticks both with BT Sports App loaded also on my desktop, phone and Tablet. So all I need is a subscription through PlusNet!

To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
PeterLoftus
Pro

Fix

@adam945 @jab1 @Baldrick1 hi guys,

Ive just been on  the BAC and the cabinet is now free of works so I have transferred to PlusNet at 30Mbps! My reading of this is that somebody has kicked a**e with openreach after I spread the message on the Forum.

Thanks all thats a result!

To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Really glad to hear that you've now been able to place an order for FTTC @PeterLoftus

We'll never really know exactly what happened for Openreach to start accepting new orders at the PCP, nonetheless, I'm glad it's resolved. Feel free to give us a shout if you have any queries surrounding the order itself.

Adam
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@PeterLoftus  I would suggest that the more likely explanation is that Openreach have completed whatever they were doing at the cabinet so it is now available for orders. I very much doubt that Plusnet did anything to make it happen, they have no power over Openreach who seem to be untouchable.😀

Anyway you got the order for FTTC in so hope it goes well.