cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switchover

Nm65

Switchover

We are switching to plusnet and the Internet went down yesterday around 5pm. However, we are still waiting for the new service to be connected. We both work from home and being without Internet for over 24 hours has been very inconvenient. Does it normally take this long? The deadline for switchover is midnight tonight, however, I feel its unlikely to be connected late evening? Have tried ringing customer services... Gave up after being on hold for over 20 mins three times. And can't connect via online chat. Am beginning to wish we'd never swapped!
12 REPLIES 12
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Switchover

@Nm65 Welcome to the forums. The midnight deadline is to give the automated systems chance to work their magic - it will usually work, but if not, post back on this thread and I'm sure one of the PN staff on here will investigate.

Two points of interest (for me) (1) Why have you been disconnected from your previous provider - that should not happen until PN take over your service. (2) If you work from home (permanently) you should really be on a business package.

John
Nm65

The Internet has gone down because plusnet have taken over my phone line. Shouldn't really have to come on here to chase up why it hasn't been connected by the deadline because customer services are so busy you can't get through. Also can't see the point of having a deadline when it's not adhered to. I don't need business broadband... But even if I did, I still wouldn't be connected. Really disappointed with plusnet service so far... And I've moved from Talk Talk, who are hardly renowned for their customer focus!
Nm65

Update... Finally got through to Customer Services, after another 20 minute wait. Was told service should have been already activated and she would have to put me through to another department. Am currently on hold with an estimated 30 MINUTE wait. This is absolutely appalling. I'm going to be on every review site going tomorrow!
jab1
Legend

OK - you are talking to Plusnet, so I'm outa here. But I'm still confused.

John
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@jab1, being on a business package does not change anything pertinent to the OP's query.

jab1
Legend

Not arguing, @corringham, but if they 'work from home', using their Plusnet connection, they technically should be on a business package, as I understand it.

John
corringham
Seasoned Champion

I know the T&Cs were changed a while ago to suggest that only a few work e-mails was acceptable, but I don't recall any Plusnet staff ever raising the issue of people working from home using a residential account being a problem.

It isn't as if there is any significant difference between a residential and a business account.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Nm65@

We're sorry to hear that you had to call in to chase up activation. It looks like it was a system delay in activating your account although the orders had completed.

Everything looks in place now and all services are showing as stable.

I'm afraid we don't provide deadlines for activation/contractual delivery dates. As mentioned above by one of our members if you work from home the account you have signed up for should be a Business account and not Residential.

Should you run a business or even use your service for remote working it is best to have a business account as should you encounter a fault there is a quicker fix time regarding engineer availability. If you are able to claim back expenses you are also provided a VAT invoice as a business use customer.

If you experience any further issues please feel free to get back in touch as we are more than happy to help.

Kind Regards

corringham
Seasoned Champion

@OllieC, can you clarify your point about quicker fix time regarding engineer availability. My understanding is that the care level for broadband is identical between the residential and business services (so the fix times are the same), and that the only difference is a higher care level for phone faults. Is my understanding correct?

I'm aware that it is possible to report faults 24/7 with a business account.

And currently VAT receipts are only available for some business customers. I'm still waiting for a VAT invoice/receipt from October for my initial payment, so I can't claim anything against my business.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @corringham, yeah that's correct, faults can be reported 24/7 and with a business account the response times are quicker within Openreach for phone faults as they have a better care level.

With Broadband faults, though the same within the suppliers as residential accounts would be,  the response time on our side is usually quicker meaning broadband faults are often resolved sooner.

With regards to VAT invoices, all business customers should be able to receive these. I can see that your specific issue is being dealt with via this ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
corringham
Seasoned Champion

@LaurenB, sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but other than the higher care level for phone faults, is there any other reason that a home based worker (not a business) should use a business account? As has been mentioned in other threads it precludes Plusnet TV, which is something that a home based worker may like once they have stopped work for the day.

It doesn't affect me as I can't have Plusnet TV as I can't get FTTC anyway, so I have a business account mainly as it was much cheaper than staying with a residential account.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @corringham

As Lauren has advised the main benefits of our business broadband account is:

24/7 phone support

Faster phone faults resolution

Faster turnaround of phone faults

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thank you.