cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching today phone line down for 4 hours?

sturose
Grafter

Switching today phone line down for 4 hours?

I'm switching back to Plusnet today from sky. My phone and broadband went off about 4 hours ago. I know there can be a delay but I would have thought, particularly nowadays that at the very least the phone line would be transferred quickly.

Is there anyway I can get an update on what's happening? I can handle a delay but I would at least like to know where I stand.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
sturose
Grafter

Re: Switching today phone line down for 4 hours?

Well this is great!!

I spoke with someone called Jason on live chat yesterday who assured me my service would be live by midnight.
Here we are, 12 hours past the deadline and I still have no phone or internet!

Pretty poor in this day and age where internet is more of a necessity than a luxury but you can be left without a service just because you switch suppliers. Just about every aspect of our lives relies on internet connectivity, even my energy supplier insists I deal with my account online, my tv entertainment is via internet connection, heck even my doctors prescription is ordered online nowadays!!!

I have opened a support ticket which stated average response times of 14 hours!!!

I may just go grovelling back to Sky yet!
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @sturose

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear that this has been delayed.

I've flagged this with one of my colleagues who will update you accordingly.

Best Wishes,

Dave

sturose
Grafter

Seems to have been partially resolved, I now have internet but the phone line has no dial tone. When I call my landline from my mobile it rings but won't answer.

I have read that this can sometimes be due to the migration process so I can wait a further 24 hours or so to see if this is resolved. We mainly use mobiles anyway but the landline is required for certain people to contact us.

I'll check again tomorrow.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

A move away from Sky involves messing with your phone line in the exchange - there is some possibility that process went wrong.  Try dialling 17070 and confirm that you have the right phone number.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sturose
Grafter

I can't currently dial anything on my phone as I have no dial tone at all. When I ring my number from my mobile, my home phone does ring though so I don't believe it's a number issue.
If I try to answer my home phone it continues to ring both through my mobile and my landline.

If it's not rectified by tomorrow I'll have to raise a ticket.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there. Sorry to hear your phone service doesn't work.

Our tests are showing a potential fault at the exchange on Openreach equipment.

I've raised this through to our suppliers now and I'll update your ticket with more info.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet