Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to fibre, 20 days waiting and counting

twyly
Hooked

Switching to fibre, 20 days waiting and counting

Hi,

i have placed my order to switch to fiber on the 9/4, received email that router was dispatched the same day. 

1) I was told 10-15 days to service start. I understand there are delays on the delivery, but it's the 28/4 today... any idea of when i will get the router and the service? Any estimated timescale would be very helpful and appreciated. 

2) I have regular broadband now.. will there be a gap of service in the switch? I work from home so it's important i remain connected. I was told it wouldn't but what if the router is late on the activation of the service?

3) I understand there is no need for an engineer to access my house. So no issues there...

Thanks for your help and keep safe! Smiley

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Switching to fibre, 20 days waiting and counting

@twyly Put your phone number into the bt speed checkerhttps://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

In the text after the speed estimates, you should see a line saying ' there is an open order due to complete on...'

That's the date your upgrade to fibre is planned to happen. Your router should be despatched to arrive a day or two before that. 

There should only be a short break in service whilst the engineer does the connections in the fttc cabinet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

twyly
Hooked

Thank you @MisterW but i am afraid that's not the case for me...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

In that case we need to wait for a Plusnet staffer to investigate what's happening with your order

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

twyly
Hooked

Update:

it looks like despite moving house 2 years ago and me reminding them at lest 2 times to update my address after that, they never changed it. The router was delivered to my old address. 

I have connected it despite never receiving confirmation of the fibre service (but i received 2 emails to tell me they added caller display, even if i don't even have a phone).

it looks like it's running, although speed is 5-10Mbps download and less than 1 Mbps upload). This looks like my old regular broadband but would be good to have some OFFICIAL confirmation of what's going on.... did they try to put my old address on fibre?! Is there an engineer lost and confused somewhere near my exchange?! Smiley 

Please can someone at Plusnet get in touch?!