cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Plusnet from Sky - No Broadband Account etc.

amanda-gpigs
Hooked

Switching to Plusnet from Sky - No Broadband Account etc.

Hi, I'm trying to switch broadband from Sky to Plusnet.

Started the application / switching process on 24th October. Initial payment details entered (but it now appears no money taken), and "Plusnet contract summary and pre-contract information" email received shortly afterwards (the link in which no longer works).

No broadband account has been created, so can't login to check anything. No other emails have been received.

Any ideas? Do I need to restart the application process?

Thanks, Amanda.

12 REPLIES 12
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Switching to Plusnet from Sky - No Broadband Account etc.

Hi Amanda,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Your question really needs a staff member for an authoritative answer; however, your experience does match a known issue profile.

Have you been a Plusnet customer before using the same telephone number?  If yes, then a staff member will need to fully kill off the old account / telephone number in Plusnet's systems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

amanda-gpigs
Hooked

Hi, so far as I can remember, I've not been a plusnet customer before.

amanda-gpigs
Hooked

Am I best to restart the application then, or is there a risk of the first application suddenly becoming active again?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@SeanD 

5 Days without a staff "catch" ...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hiya @amanda-gpigs

I'm really sorry to hear this has happened and for the confusion it is causing. 

We’re quite chocka right now, so it’s taking a little longer than I’d usually like to get back to customers and I'm sorry about that.

I would like to check things from my side, can you PM me your full name and address detail? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@amanda-gpigs 

To send a PM, click @SammyM 's name and then click on SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE on the right of the screen.

NOTE: You might need to make a couple more posts on the forum before you attain the ability to send PMs.

amanda-gpigs
Hooked

@Townman thanks for that, seems to have sent ok.

amanda-gpigs
Hooked

An update for anyone that's following... appears that there is no trace of my details on plusnet's system, even though I received an email with the plusnet contract summary link in it, shortly after applying.

Only 'solution' is to restart the switching / application process... Here's hoping!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Another worrying failure of the Plusnet accounting 'system'. If they sent you that email, there should be a record trace, but there again...

John
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Hey Amanda,

Did you manage to get the account set up ok in the end when you restarted the signup? If not, I'm happy to dig a little deeper into it for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
amanda-gpigs
Hooked

Hi, not had chance to get to do it yet - been busy with work. Will be trying again over the weekend.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

No worries, If you have any issues. just bob over a message and we will sort it.

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team