cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Fibre from BT - Activation date?

SeanBarrett

Switching to Fibre from BT - Activation date?

Hi,

I'm currently with BT. I've just ordered fibre from Plusnet (today), but I haven't been given an activation date, nor was I asked for a preferred one during the ordering process, as far as I could tell.

Is this normal, and can I expect to be given a date fairly soon? I wouldn't want the switch to happen before 5/10 - the end of the minimum term on my BT contract - although it seems unlikely that it would happen that quickly.

Thanks for any help,

Sean

4 REPLIES 4
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Switching to Fibre from BT - Activation date?

There is a mandatory minimum 2 week wait time for switching provider specified by OFCOM,. So you're activation date should be a minimum of 2 weeks from the date you ordered.

SeanBarrett

Thanks.

I've just been given a date from plusnet via an email anyway.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

As @mikelahey says there is a minimum time for transfer to prevent mistaken orders/slamming etc.

Keep an eye on http://dslchecker.bt.com/ for an open order on your line, that will be your changeover date.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Sean, and welcome aboard.

Sorry about the delayed order update. We'd confirm your activation date once your order had been placed and confirmed with Openreach. It can take a couple of hours for that to happen usually.

Can you let us know how it goes on the day?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet