cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from ADSL to Fibre Tomorrow - John Lewis Router

BL64

Switching from ADSL to Fibre Tomorrow - John Lewis Router

I'm due to be switched from ADSL to fibre tomorrow and wonder if this will just move over seamlessly, or is there anything I need to do or be concerned about.

I'm asking as I'm not using the PlusOne hub following a series of DNS issues leading to loss of access that were only finally resolved when Plusnet sent me a different brand of router that is actually used for John Lewis broadband customers.   It's a ZyXEL VMG8924 - B10A

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Switching from ADSL to Fibre Tomorrow - John Lewis Router

you'll need to update the username and password in the router, as your current one won't be associated with your PN account.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BL64

Thanks but how's it currently working with my Plusnet ADSL connection then?
I'm upgrading from Plusnet ADSL to Plusnet fibre but have a John Lewis router, which was supplied by Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Ah apologies, that didn't register with me Smiley

Pretty much should just work when the switchover is completed, you shouldn't have to change anything.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@BL64  I have a VMG8924 but have only used it on a VDSL2 (FTTC) connection. Some modem/routers can automatically switch from ADSL to VDSL, i'm not sure if the Zyxel can do this. You may need to set up a new WAN interface VDSL over PTM  with PPPoE encapsulation as for ADSL with Username and Password. The other things needed are 802.1q - VLAN ID 101 and 802.1p - Priority - not sure if this matters much, mine is set to 2. I would also disable IPV6 as Plusnet don't support it.

This should get you connected.🙂