cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching From Person To Person - Turnaround Time?

captainbellman

Switching From Person To Person - Turnaround Time?

Hello All!

I'm in a 3-person household that for the past year has been using a Plusnet Broadband package. Our housemate has recently moved out with her partner and we're expecting a different housemate to move in soon. The Broadband was under our old housemate's name and she is taking it with her to her new place.

It did occur to me that we ought to deal with the broadband service, but alas, I have been very distracted over the past few weeks! So I only just an hour ago signed up to a new Plusnet Broadband package.

I understand that the guidance on the website says that it should take 10-15 days to sign up the broadband to Plusnet and get it installed. However, as it was already a Plusnet line, I think that logically it ought to be a shorter turnaround because all they'll need to do is change the names on the register? We can explain to our new housemate, of course - just wanted to have some more definite info to work with.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Switching From Person To Person - Turnaround Time?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

Thanks for contacting us via our community forums.

Unfortunately moving a line from one name to another involves re-provisioning the service on our suppliers systems, so we'd be subject to the timescales of that.

However, it looks like there's a cease order in progress to stop the active services on the line today, which is likely due to us closing the previous account, so we won't need to "takeover the line" and wait 10 working days.

Once the cease is completed, we can place an order to reactivate the phone line, which normally takes 1 working day, then placing broadband back on the line typically takes 4 working days.

To summarise and to answer your question it should be a lot quicker than the quoted 10-15 days. Our automated system should start this process tomorrow and update you via this ticket.

Please feel free to let us know over here if you need anything chasing up and we'll be happy to help. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
captainbellman

Many thanks for your swift reply! Am I right in thinking that the cease will take only a day or so? The ticket thus far says only that the cease is in progress and that you'll move on when it's completed.

EDIT: never mind, I'm told it'll finish today.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Yeah once it's completed our system should be automatically placing the order for you.

Let us know how things go.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
captainbellman

I've now been told there's an unspecified "problem" - should I be worried?
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @captainbellman

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can see that you have had your initial query answered in the ticket on your account, however I have responded with more information on your follow up question that you can view here

If you have any more questions feel free to get in touch.