cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Plusnet from Sky, phone switched but it's nearly midnight and broadband not working.

cmorgan00
Hooked

Switched to Plusnet from Sky, phone switched but it's nearly midnight and broadband not working.

My switch from Sky to Plusnet was today. I've switched plenty of times before, usually the switch happens fairly quickly and I am without internet for hardly any time at all.

Well, not this time.

The phone was switched this morning and I lost internet. They told me the broadband would be back up by the latest of midnight. Well, it's 15 minutes to midnight and the internet still isn't working. Broadband light is solid green but internet is solid red. I've tried to call Plusnet but they're closed now. The recorded voice on the phone says my internet has not been activated yet, nor have I received any confirmation of it yet.

I've been without internet all day, and it now looks like Plusnet is going to be the first and only company I've ever dealt with who failed to activate the service by midnight, so much for assuring me it would be ready by midnight "At the latest".

7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Switched to Plusnet from Sky, phone switched but it's nearly midnight and broadband not working.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Switched to Plusnet from Sky, phone switched but it's nearly midnight and broadband not working.

Hi cmorgan00,

After checking your account your services are active. 

Can you please confirm you are able to use them? 

If there are any issues please feel free to give us a shout. 

Thank you. 

cmorgan00
Hooked

It's not active. I've not received any message informing me of it going active either. And when I call plusnet the automated voice checks my order and it tells me my internet is not active yet.

The internet light is solid red on the plusnet router. It was supposed to be on by midnight at the latest. I've been using the internet for 18 years and have switched many times before. Never has this happened to me before.

I've also tried to call plusnet multiple times, failing to get past the answer machine queue music every time. I was waiting 10 minutes one time, and suddenly the phone ringing sound started, indicating I was about to speak to someone. 5 seconds later it stopped and the music came back on. Another 5 minutes later my call was disconnected and I am now in the queue once again and unable to speak to anyone.

Terrible start to a new company. This is the only time I've ever had trouble with a switch. I've never been made to wait until midnight to see services activated. I am over 24 hours without internet now.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I have tried to reset part of our system as our suppliers are showing you are live. 

Could you try doing a hard reset on your router by switching it off for a couple of minutes and then turning it back on. 

Please let me know once it has fully booted back up. 

Thanks. 

cmorgan00
Hooked

Internet light went green 5 minutes ago and I just received the text confirming that.

According to guy on phone from plusnet it should have been live since around 4pm yesterday. Something went wrong. Not pleased about having to be without internet for more than a day.

cmorgan00
Hooked

Posting that this issue has been resolved now and I am happy to accept the compensation offered to me.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Glad to hear it is all up and running for you. I can see the gesture of goodwill has been applied to the account for you. 

Don't hesitate to get back in contact if we can help with anything further 

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team