cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Plusnet - When Will Router Be Dispatched

tcj1971
Rising Star

Re: Switched to Plusnet - When Will Router Be Dispatched

Had two letters through today from Sky regarding my service being transferred to another provider on the 3rd March and I will not incur termination charges

My account says Your broadband order should complete on 04th Mar 2017 - After 12pm. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens.

Why the 4th March when my emails from Plusnet and on the letter from Sky say the 3rd March 

Can any staff please give me a progress update on my switch over. Is it still on track for 3rd March? When will the Router be sent out?

Thanks 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The orders are due for the 3rd, they can complete right up until Midnight though. The router has been ordered and should be with you well in advance of the orders completing

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tcj1971
Rising Star

Had confirmation of Router Order come through as soon as I posted my last reply...strange

Chris
Legend

I ordered it while I was double checking your account.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tcj1971
Rising Star

The Router has arrived this morning

I assume there is no use in connecting/setting it up yet?

Thanks

Chris
Legend

It's unlikely it'll allow you online through the router until the orders complete on the 3rd.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

It won't work until the order completes on the 3rd March I'm afraid.

I'd recommend plugging the router in once you get the email confirmation from us advising the order is complete as connecting it early may cause problems with the automatic setup once the service does go live.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
tcj1971
Rising Star

So it would not work with my current Sky?

Just wondered if it was worth setting up in readiness

I'll leave it Thumbs_Up

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Nope, I believe Sky lock their network to their own routers.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
premog

I have the same issue, understand Sky may not relinquish the line before my contract expires with them but they say they have had no contact from plusnet, I paid my first payment to PlusNet by debit card, direct debit in place for subsequent payments, my Sky BB dies 6/3 and not heard anything from PlusNet About activation of their service, tad disappointed to be honest !!

tcj1971
Rising Star

Best thing you can do is start your own thread about your order as the Plusnet Staff on here seem to get straight onto your issues and sort them, and keep posting and asking about the progress of your order like I have done

Seem that the ordering system can be described as 'hit and miss' after reading some of the threads on these forums

tcj1971
Rising Star

Morning Anoush, Chris or whoever

Any chance of any update and hopefully no problems, but is my activation date still on track for Friday (3rd)

Thanks

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Yep

tcj1971
Rising Star

Tomorrow is Activation date or is it Saturday the 4th...emails says the 3rd the my account the 4th

So should I get an email saying it will be all ready? Will the phone and Broadband be activated at the same time?

Thanks

tcj1971
Rising Star

Update

- Sky switched off the service last night

- Received email from Plusnet saying Great news your Broadband is up and running

- Router connected up and lit up Blue

- Cannot access the Internet even though status is connected

Any ideas or is it a waiting game as no connection