cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Plusnet - When Will Router Be Dispatched

tcj1971
Rising Star

Switched to Plusnet - When Will Router Be Dispatched

Switching from Sky and signed up to Unlimited Fibre Extra on 2nd February but no signs of the Router being noted as dispatched on the Order Tracker. It shows

Hardware delivery The order has not yet been placed

Just thought there would be some signs of activity since when I signed up for me having the Router delivered in readiness to set up for when the activation is complete

Also, where/how do I know what the activation date will be

Thanks

39 REPLIES 39
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Switched to Plusnet - When Will Router Be Dispatched

Hi there,

Sorry to hear your orders haven't been progressed.

I'm just in the process of placing them now and I'll update you here.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
tcj1971
Rising Star

Thanks for that Anoush

Is there any reason why nothing has changed regarding my order progress since the day I joined on Feb 2nd. Did my order get 'Lost' or not go through properly even though the first payment went out of my bank

Also, will Sky now know that I am leaving them, as I have had none of that 'Sorry you are leaving us' type of email or letter, and my account on Sky is just the same as normal regarding billing

Thanks

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

The reason is the plusnet systems failed to place any order through operator error or some other problem, seems to happen quite often. You need to keep chasing up to see if your order is progressing. I ordered FTTC on 21/11/16 but nothing has happened yet, there is problem with the fibre at the exchange and BT Wholesale/Openreach will not say when it will be fixed.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@tcj1971 - Looking into the problem, seems that the automated system failed to automatically place the orders with our suppliers. Apologies for this.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
tcj1971
Rising Star

Thanks

Good job I came on here to ask then about my 'missing' order

The ordering system failing seems a common occurrence looking through the forums  where people have joined and paid the upfront fee but the order has not registered. That is not right especially when the first month plus fees go straight out our account

Is there a time scale I can expect with my order as I assume even though I supposedly joined on Feb 2nd,  I have lost 13 days, as in effect with what you have said it seems today (15th) is my new 'Joined' date

Thanks

tcj1971
Rising Star

Got my activation date of March 3rd (I will hold my breath)

What I want to know is what will happen with my Sky Broadband and Phone. Are Plusnet in touch with Sky to finish my package with them on the 3rd as well?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@tcj1971

Yes Plusnet should notify Sky on your behalf that you are switching away from Sky to Plusnet and they should coordinate it.

Given your order has failed once, I would keep on top of Plusnet to ensure that it doesn't fail again. Don't just accept that it is progressing properly.

Try to avoid contacting Sky as this may confuse matters.

Perhaps @Anoush on Monday will verify that there has been no issues with the order so far.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
tcj1971
Rising Star

Yes I will do as after what happened when I first ordered

Got a text yesterday saying 4th March for Broadband activation. If it goes past the 9th March I possibly will not be entitled to leaving Sky without termination charges

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'll check up on things tomorrow for you.

I can confirm your orders are in progress for the 3rd March. As it can take any time up to midnight for the service to go live, the service notices we send out by email do usually advise the day after.

tcj1971
Rising Star

Thanks for that Anoush

Would you know how the switch goes with Sky from your end? My next bill date with them is the 26th Feb

Should I expect some kind of email or something from Sky to say another provider are taking over? Nothing showing on my Sky account

Thanks

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm afraid not. Rather, I wouldn't know whether you should receive notification from Sky but I would have thought so.

Once the service is migrated over on the 3rd I'd probably advise getting in touch with them to make sure they generate your final bill/refund any overcharges.

tcj1971
Rising Star

That was quick Smiley

Yes, I will make sure I am on to Sky once the switch is complete as they will probably owe me with paying a month in advance

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@tcj1971 wrote:

That was quick Smiley

No problems Grin

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Should I expect some kind of email or something from Sky to say another provider are taking over? Nothing showing on my Sky account

To answer this, yes Sky have an obligation to contact you to inform a provider is taking over the service. This is part of the gaining provider led process and they should do this to ensure another provider is not taking the line without your consent.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.