cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to PlusNet and lost my original number

deligeng
Hooked

Switched to PlusNet and lost my original number

I hope this thread is for information and solution, not for complaining.

I ordered the switching from talktalk to plusnet for my telephone and fibre broadband on 26 June 2018. Around 12 July, I found my telephone and broadband stopped working. So I contacted talktalk. Talktalk told me my service has been transferred. I then contacted the plusnet. I was told the order didn’t go through the system automatically and a gentleman helped to put it right manually, and the activation date was set to 26 July, which left me no phone line and broadband for two weeks, as a solution I had to pay for a 4G service through Vodafone.

However, that’s only the start of the problem. After the connection on 26 July, I realized my original number had gone. Since this is a switching of provider neither a new installation nor a moving home, I expected to keep my phone number. Also, it is important for me as the number has been used everywhere and we even trained our little kids to remember it.

I phoned plusnet many times begging for my original number. Some people were helpful by trying to renumber it back. However, unfortunately none of them succeeded. They were all rejected. So I contacted talktalk, and surprisingly talktalk said they didn’t have my number, my number had been requested by openreach and talktalk even gave me the openreach reference number for the request.

So I passed on all these information to plusnet. They are stilling helping me to solve it, it’ll probably take more resources. I’ll see what’s going to happen and fingers crossed. Also, any information and suggestion are welcome.

1 REPLY 1
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: Switched to PlusNet and lost my original number

Hi @deligeng,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you are having and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to yourself and your family.

I have spoken with our suppliers today and have emailed them with some requested information so that they can investigate further as to why these orders have not been successful.

Once we hear back from them we will update you and then we can look into placing these orders again for you.

Once again I want to apologise for the delay and thank you for your continued patience.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Kind Regards,