cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched broadband to Plusnet received router and current provider switched off broadband

FIXED
asmamg28
Dabbler

Switched broadband to Plusnet received router and current provider switched off broadband

I received a text from Plusnet last week or so saying my broadband service will become active by midnight on 29-09-2020. The transfer has taken place today (28.09.20), I received my router few days ago, and my current provider seems to have switched off my broadband - which means I’m without the internet.

I’ve been using my mobile data and have checked the order tracker on the website which says for Activating your Line : Your broadband order should complete on {strCustActivationDate}.

I now feel concerned in regards to whether my internet will be up working tomorrow or not. I am a student and currently doing remote learning. I couldn’t attend the session today and can’t afford to miss any more. So was wondering if it would be possible stick the router in and see if the broadband works?

I would be grateful if you could help! Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Switched broadband to Plusnet received router and current provider switched off broadband

Fix

@asmamg28 

I received a text from Plusnet last week or so saying my broadband service will become active by midnight on 29-09-2020

In PlusNet speak that means by 00:00 on the 29th i.e anytime today

So plug your router in...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Switched broadband to Plusnet received router and current provider switched off broadband

In world-wide precise speak midnight (00:00hrs) on a given date is always at the start of that day - not at the end.

We tend to talk about midnight "tonight" (that is relative now) which is always in the future, not midnight "today" (that is relative to date) which is always sometime previous!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Orders.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine