cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Fibre

LFCAng

Switch to Fibre

Hi,

I recently placed an order to switch to fibre broadband and this is due to happen on Tuesday 25th September. I have not received the router, can you confirm if this has been sent and will be received in time?

Is there anywhere I can check the status of this order?

Thanks,

Ang

8 REPLIES 8
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Switch to Fibre

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

It looks like your upgrade has been delayed to the 3rd October due to engineer availability. Sorry for the lack of communication regarding this. As we'd order a router 48 hours before an order completion date, it hasn't been ordered yet but I've manually pushed the button now so you should receive it next week. Let us know if you have any further queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LFCAng

Hi Gandalf,

thanks for the reply. Nothing personal to you as I know you’re at the coal face dealing with issues like this.

The main reason I stayed with Plusnet (it was a close call) was I had received a pretty good service up to now. However, this really isn’t good enough and my case does not seem to be an isolated case. Had I’d been given a date of Oct 3rd in the first place I probably would have accepted but I was given Sept 25th and received no communication that this wasn’t the case.

All things considered I’m not happy with the service I have received and I would like to cancel the order with a view to switching to another provider and better deal. Kindly advise how I cancel the order or if this notification is sufficient.

regards,

Ang

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Unfortunately we can't advise of a confirmed completion date in the first instance as we'd only know this after placing the order with our suppliers.

I do appreciate we didn't advise you of the change in date afterwards and I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

If you'd like to cancel and if you're within the cooling off period you'll need to call our cancellations team on 0800 013 2632.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

To cancel the order you need to speak to the cancellations team. Their direct number is 0800 013 2632 and they are available
8am to 8pm Mon to Fri
9am to 7pm Sat
9am to 6pm Sun

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Typo (phone number) corrected.

David
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@LFCAng

If you cancel your Order you will probably lose the 3rd October date as well.

OpenReach treat all ISP's equally so whoever you move to will get the next slot available.

Brian

LFCAng

Hi BMC,

that probably be the case but it’s the lack of communication that has riled me... I had rated plusnet above SKY, talk talk or BT but that’s not the case. I’m willing to wait at little longer and get a better deal as a switch.

Ang

LFCAng

@spraxyt wrote:

To cancel the order you need to speak to the cancellations team. Their direct number is 0800 013 2632 and they are available
8am to 8pm Mon to Fri
9am to 7pm Sat
9am to 6pm Sun

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Typo (phone number) 

40 minute great!

Thanks

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Quote fixed.