cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from Sky but get cancellation fee?

JimmyC

Switch from Sky but get cancellation fee?

hi! i just ordered Plusnet broadband service today. my current isp: Sky immediately sent me message that i have to pay cancellation fee because of earlier leaving.

my Sky contract end 19 June & i ordered Plusnet today.

can i manage switch date with Plusnet on 19 June to avoid Sky cancellation fee?

thanks for your advice

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Switch from Sky but get cancellation fee?

@JimmyC  Welcome to the forum.

You will find that the change  over date is dependant on Sky/Openreach technician availability and is likely to change. Getting the change over to actually happen on a specific date might be impossible. You should not cancel your Sky contract, this is asking for trouble. You should leave it to Plusnet to liaise with Sky so that they take over your line without risking loss of service. All ISPs seem to play the cancellation charge card, regardless of whether there will be one, presumably to try to persuade you to change your mind.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JimmyC

Yes you are right. bloody Sky even increases the price twice within contract period nothing i can do

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

When I moved back to PN, I was given date options during sign up. I chose one that coincided with my annual anniversary so I avoided paying an extra monthly fee, to wait for the refund. PN will notify your current isp, most require 30 days notice so if you move after 14 days, even if out of contract, the chances you will be charged the other 16 days.