cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from BT - Terrible Experience So Far

wickyb
Dabbler

Switch from BT - Terrible Experience So Far

Fibre switch from BT on 24/09.  Service not working now - I now have a steady orange light on router.  I have gone through all troubleshooting with plusnet agent ending with router plugged directly into BT test socket with same problem.  I am now on day 2 of no service.  I am being told a further 3 days before the issue gets looked at.  Can anyone assist please?

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Switch from BT - Terrible Experience So Far

Sorry to hear this.

I can see a engineer is due to go out tomorrow to resolve this

Let us know how you get on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
wickyb
Dabbler

@MatthewWheeler Thanks for your note.  The line had not been activated or checked properly and the Openreach engineer had to phone up a remote team to do some 'stuff'.  After those calls and a wait of about 2h it was all up and running - thx.

A few rhetorical questions tho 😉

- How come this stuff doesn't get check before informing the customer it's live? It would be better for the customer to not be spotting work done wrong or incomplete.

- Why couldn't a failed migration be spotted by anyone remotely? This would have saved a whole lot of bother for me and the engineer.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@wickyb,

As you've advised the connection now seems very stable at an expected speed, which is good. Hopefully that's the last of your issues, if not then let us know. 

With regards your questions as an ISP we're unable to test a connection or affect it in any way until the order is fully closed down as completed. Until then the service is still owned by the 'losing' provider. That said before the order completes Openreach perform line tests to make sure everything looks okay. If the tests pass then they close the order down and then any issues that might occur then have to be picked up as has been done in this case. 

As well as that fibre currently has very limited remote resolution capabilities, so while technically the engineer wasn't needed because they didn't actually do any work they were needed because BT Wholesale hasn't released any functionality for ISP or themselves to do those resets with any ease. 

It's not ideal, but it's the process at the moment.