cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch day today but no internet or email regarding broadband

Hero878
Dabbler

Switch day today but no internet or email regarding broadband

I am due to switch to plusnet fibre today but oddly have only received a confirmation email for the home phone to be switching. No mention of the fibre.

The phone line went live this morning and I received an email from plus net confirming. However its nearly 10pm now and no sign of any messages about an activation date for the fibre.

The router is a constant orange light with the orange b symbol lit up. According to your FAQs this means that the broadband is connected but not switched on yet. But it should be midnight, so just 2 hours to go lets see...

3 REPLIES 3
Hero878
Dabbler

Re: Switch day today but no internet or email regarding broadband

Ok so turns out the B symbol is not lit up in orange but red. Which means the username or something is wrong.

I pressed the reset button and now its turned blue. But I still can't get online.

The username however has changed to setup@plusnet.dsl instead of my actual user name.

Hero878
Dabbler

Ok so I went and changed the username to my actual username@plusdsl.net and now its back to a red B symbol and an orange bar...

Hero878
Dabbler

I found an old topic that seems to be the exact same issue with me

https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/Light-on-router-is-blue-but-no-internet-connection/td-p...

Seems my account has not been activated at Plusnet. I believe the automatic activate at plusnet has failed an someone at plusnet needs to manually activate my account. Can someone do this please?