cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch dates issue

benrk87

Switch dates issue

I'd like to order plusnet today (deal ending today). My current provider contract ends 9th March.

Issue - Plusnet won't let me choose 9th March as a go live date (says minimum 10 working days from ordering). Current provider will charge a fee of £25 if it goes live before the 9th. If it goes live after the 9th I'll be without internet.

Question - Why isn't this handled seemlessly by Plusnet. Plusnet should contact my current provider, find out the switch date of the 9th and complete the transfer on the 9th without the customer having to do anything. Just like PAC code transfers for mobile phones, it's seemless and easy. 

Instead i'm stuck ringing both providers and having to try time the order exactly myself, still unsure if i'm going to be charged a fee or be without internet. Why isn't switching easy?

Please help plusnet

4 REPLIES 4
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Switch dates issue

The way the process works is that Plusnet would place the order which.  BT Openreach then notify your current provider of the order, who should then contact you to tell you and give you a period of time to contact them to cancel the migration.  That is why Plusnet (or any other provider) couldn't give you a date sooner for the migration.

This process and the timescales have come from OFCOM as the regulatory body.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

It sounds more like an issue with how the website works. We'd have to manually intervene to make sure we can arrange the transfer for your preferred date. 

I'd recommend signing up choosing the first date you can and then let me know via reply to this post so I can pick up all the "behind the scenes" work. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Ah, sorry.  I hadn't noticed that the date you said was more than 10 working days away!  Sorry

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi  benrk87

I have amended your orders for the 9th March and raised a ticket to be monitored: 
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=168911664

Please don't worry if our suppliers come back that it has to be after the 9th as your service should stay live with your current supplier until then. 

If you need me for anything else please don't hesitate to give me a shout!

Thanks.