cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Date Discerpancy

daveyjam

Switch Date Discerpancy

Hi,

I today signed up for the Unlimited Fibre Extra (Broadband Only) package and was quoted on the phone a switch date of 13/10/2017.

However, I just received a text stating "your Home Phone service will be ready on 26/10/2017".

As the internet requires a phone line, does this mean that I will now not have internet until 26/10/2017? If so, why has there been a drastic change in date?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Switch Date Discerpancy

Have you got a phone line with someone else already?

Do you already have a broadband service with another provider?

The actual switch date will depend on engineer availability, the original estimate will need to be confirmed once that availability is kwon from from more detailed checks. 

daveyjam

Thanks for the swift response. It's a rental property and I am not moving in until 6/10. Therefore I know little about the current set up at the property.

The CSA I spoke to seemed to indicate that an engineer was not required. But I assume one is?

It's just a tad frustrating to have three weeks bolted on to the activation date. I understand that various factors are involved but some extra information included in the update messages would go a long way in helping me understand this.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

From looking at your account, I can see we've placed an order to take over the existing, working line at the property.

The delay is a combination between the minimum lead time of 10 working days, and engineer availability as we'll need an engineer to complete work at the exchange to activate your services as the current provider doesn't use a BT line.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet