Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting

darkjamzi
Dabbler

Still waiting

Hi,

on 18 July I took out a new broadband contract with Plusnet. Installation was scheduled at 31/07/2020.

On 23/07/2020 I receive an email saying:

We have been notified of a change on your order by our suppliers.  One of our team will be looking in to it, and will be in touch.

Since then I assume the team is still looking in to it as haven't heard anything since......... Nice start..

Tried to call CS but that seems not possible during the day as only have a 30 minute lunch break...... why the lack of communication? Basically I have no idea what next.. ROFL..

They say they will be in touch....... right......Will give it one more week and then will get broadband with Virgin, this is beyond silly.

11 REPLIES 11
darkjamzi
Dabbler

Re: Still waiting

And am still waiting......

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@darkjamzi 

Welcome to the forums.

The message you got will be because Open Reach who do the actual work have an issue doing the work on the original date, and have not yet informed PlusNet when it can/will now be done.

Bear in mind a lot of Open Reach resources were diverted last week to other parts of the country to deal with the flood from parts of Scotland down to South Wales.

Hopefully you will get an update soon from PlusNet, I know it will be frustrating the delay.

darkjamzi
Dabbler

last week you say, but the engineer should have come nearly a month ago..... ROFL...

darkjamzi
Dabbler

also, yes delay is frustrating, but no communication from plusnet whatsoever is even more frustrating and infuriating......

darkjamzi
Dabbler

Still waiting............... No contact from Plus.net whatsoever.....

Overscore
Rising Star

Hello,

If you get chance to read through this thread it seems the most reliable way of getting attention is by registered post and there are some recommendations shown too.

Good luck.

darkjamzi
Dabbler

And still waiting... either for a broadband connection or even just a confirmation from Plus.net..... But all I hear is nothing.... :-D..... 

it's a joke

darkjamzi
Dabbler

And you guessed it......... still waiting, the silence is deafening! on phone now cancelling. Rubbish company.

darkjamzi
Dabbler

And it is cancelled!... phew..... Dear lord....

Overscore
Rising Star

You've had some success there happily, but what a pity to lose a new customer so easily through failure to communicate, especially since Plusnet is a 'communications' company.

Have you got your cancellation details in writing, or did you record the telephone conversation, date, time, operator name?

darkjamzi
Dabbler

Hi,

I have it in writing.

Yes it is strange, they did not communicate anything. Guy on the phone said it was because a miss-communication from OR.............. That might be, but mostly the reason I cancelled was because of non communication from Plusnet. His defence was that there was nothing to communicate, but even just saying "sorry no update as of yet" would have been at least something.

Have put in an order with Vodafone now......... fingers crossed....