Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting to be connected!!!!

Spitfire1940
Hooked

Still waiting to be connected!!!!

Good afternoon,

Due to be connected on 4th August, but have still not received router only a text asking as to how the connection went and to give a recommendation about Plusnet.  Have telephoned Plusnet and spoken to them on five occasions (waiting up to 2 hours to speak to someone) and still no sign of router or connection etc.

What do we need to do to get connected as have paid over £80 for connection etc!

From an extremely frustrated new customer (who wll shortly become an ex-customer!).

16 REPLIES 16
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Still waiting to be connected!!!!

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Spitfire1940
Hooked

Many thanks for all your replies,

I will try and give a little more information.  It is a new install for my cousin’s son and my cousin set up the account with Plusnet.  I visited my cousin’s son today (200 mile round trip) to see if I could help, he is registered disabled due to a double lung transplant and registered blind (although he has a little bit of sight).  He already has a BT socket, so there has been a telephone connected at some point.  The problem is his parents are both in their 80’s and do not know any of the Plusnet account details, such as email address given, username, password and account number.  Plusnet have said they can’t look into anything without these details, although they can supply his name, address, contact telephone number and bank details for verification.  They are exhausted trying to get this sorted out and frustrated with waiting to talk to Plusnet support due to extensive wait times.  My cousin and his son are not tech savvy in the slightest so asked for my help, hence my post on this forum.  I have previous experience with many of the ISP providers and know that community forums are extremely helpful in resolving any issues or giving advice on the way forward in matters such as this.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

dvorak

Moderators Note

I have removed all the replies as they became very off topic and were of no help to the OP.

Customer / Moderator
dvorak

PN allow named representatives on the account, this can be done over the phone or there is a form you can find here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/support-for-customers-with-disabilities/

Did they register as needing extra support / vulnerable customer do you know?
Customer / Moderator
Spitfire1940
Hooked

As far as I am aware they didn’t register him for extra support or a vulnerable customer, but will get this actioned.  Many thanks for the link, but I can only see a form for another party to manage payment for the account and that asks for his username, which they don’t remember.  I can telephone customer services and explain, but they will probably need his account details and also his permission before they will speak to me.  If I can find out what email address the account is registered to then I can ask my cousin to see if they have received any emails from Plusnet and reset password\username etc.  Plusnet should really have a call-back service as my cousin’s son only has a pay as you go mobile phone and has already spent £40 in calls waiting to speak to Plusnet Customer Services, of which he can ill afford.

dvorak

Customer services has a freephone number.
Customer / Moderator
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@dvorak  You removed some posts because they were of no help to the O.P.

Your last post is similar...  perhaps you would like to edit it, and provide the number to the O.P. which will be more helpful than the statement you made above.

Smiley

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@Spitfire1940  HTH

Plusnet/Customer service
0800 432 0200

@shutter  as could you 😉
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @Spitfire1940

Thanks a lot for reaching out on our Community Forum. The orders to provide a service at the address did in fact complete on 04/08/2021, however testing on the line has found that the modem is out of sync, and tat the source of the issues appears to be within the customer premise. Please take a look though our Troubleshooting Guide to make sure sure that everything is wired up correctly. Failing that, head over to faults.plus.net - assuming you're able to connect to the internet via alternate means, and raise this issue with our Technical Support Team.

I can see that the email address associated with your Community Forum account, has been used to create a new account today, just over an hour ago. both of which are for the same address, what's going on there?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@adam945 

Please read ALL the OP thread postings..  in particular take note of the situation as described here..

I visited my cousin’s son today (200 mile round trip) to see if I could help, he is registered disabled due to a double lung transplant and registered blind (although he has a little bit of sight).  He already has a BT socket, so there has been a telephone connected at some point.  The problem is his parents are both in their 80’s and do not know any of the Plusnet account details, such as email address given, username, password and account number.

UNQUOTE..

There seems to be some serious problems, to solve this  

however testing on the line has found that the modem is out of sync, and tat the source of the issues appears to be within the customer premise.

UNQUOTE... 

As the "User" has physical problems, and no-one available, except the O.P.  (100 miles away) with enough techy ability to be able to carry out the actions, that you request in your post.

Hope that the above clarifies your final question.....  "What`s going on here" ...

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've read the above @shutter .

Two things I'd like to address:

• While it's clear that @Spitfire1940 was at their cousin's son's property today to provide assistance, it remains unclear as to why a new account has been created under a different name, but at the same address. The new account holder's name starts with M. If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say it was created in order to communicate with ourselves and pass security. The thing is, when I called the new account holder - name begins with M, they too were unable to pass security. Please note, we are able to provide a technical diagnosis over the phone, and offer suggestions without passing DPA, we just aren't able to provide any account specific information. I've also tried to contact the initial account holder, name beginning with P, but have not been able to get through after trying multiple numbers that are listed on the account.
  • While we understand that some actions may be trickier for some users to complete, both myself and our Technical Support Team are on hand to provide support over the phone. I understand that this might ruffle a few feathers, but it's our customers responsibility to keep hold of their account information as this will also be required to view later bills etc.
 Adam
Spitfire1940
Hooked

Many thanks for the help and to tell everyone that this appears to be in the process of being sorted.  I have been in touch with PlusNet since about 09:30 this morning!  Managed to speak to Customer Services who told me to speak to Sales.  Was advised to create a new account and then telephone them back to cancel the older account, but when I did this I was put through to PlusNet Options Department who said that I had been advised incorrectly, hence the two accounts.  A very helpful man in the PlusNet Option Department said the account and line had been activated earlier in the month and should be working, but the designated address never received a router which is now in the process of being actioned.  New account created today (by me) is to be cancelled and monies for this account are to be refunded within the next 10 days.

Again many thanks for your help and advice.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot for letting us know @Spitfire1940

Just for some feedback purposes, are you able to elaborate on why you were advised to create a new account today? Because from where I'm sitting, I can't see why this was ever required.

Adam
Spitfire1940
Hooked

I couldn’t supply any username or password etc.  My cousin (who is in his 80’s) set up the account by telephone and was asked to give a username and password which he gave without knowing he would need these details in the future.  Plusnet Sales said they couldn’t give me any account details and advised me to set up a new account and cancel the older existing account!