cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting to be activated.

kaledis
Hooked

Still waiting to be activated.

Moved to a new place and because I knew I was getting the keys on a certain date I decided to order Plusnet fibre as I know it always takes ages to get activated.

Placed the order, phone line was activated less than 48 hours later, even before I had the keys and got an email to say that was service would be activated by midnight on the 14th, its now 16th and I'm still waiting I did contact them only to be told that my order is on hold until at least 7am 18th

Seriously!

Was is the point of ordering stuff early if it never get activated until after the date they say it will be working buy. 

I have already paid for the first month and the router and yet nothing....

The only saving grace is that I still have a lot of my stuff to sort out so I don't have a huge amount of time to use the internet. But I am really hoping to get my game on over the weekend.

4 REPLIES 4
kaledis
Hooked

Re: Still waiting to be activated.

I'm still waiting.

I contacted Plusnet mid morning on the 18th only too be told of an 'exception' and my order would be updated on the 23rd....

No one will tell me exactly what this problem is. 

I'm fully regretting my decision to choose Plusnet as my provider, I was hoping they wouldn't be as bad as BT, but given how Plusnet are in the BT Group, I knew I was expecting a rough time. 

Sigh

kaledis
Hooked

Got a text from Plusnet about an hour ago. Apparently my service will be activated on midnight in the 1st April!!!!

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY [-Censored-] KIDDING ME PLUSNET?

If this is how you treat new customers i wonder how you treat loyal customers.

Are you really telling me it's going to take another 10 days to get someone to the cabinet to connect some wires?
Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

So let me get this right, you placed an order, there was an issue with records, you were told you would get more info on Thursday, you get more details today, 2 days early, and you think 10 days is too long for the provision of a new service?

kaledis
Hooked

So you think its acceptable to place an order on the 3rd March, Be told it would be activated on the 14th only be told that it has to be put on hold for 48 hours because of an 'exception' till the 18th to then it told I would be updated on the 23rd to then be told it will be activated on the 1st April? 

You think its acceptable to be constantly fobbed off and be made to wait what will be 28 days for a service that normally would only take 7 days all the while having already paid £18 for line rental for a 'service' that isn't working. FYI I don't use the landline for a phone, why would I when I have a mobile. 

I asked what this 'exception' was and all I have been told is that my order has been stuck in the suppliers system. That's like saying an error box has popped up on my phone saying an error has occurred. It doesn't explain why it happened. 

This connection (whenever it gets activated had better be stunning), otherwise I will be taking legal advice. 

This is completely unacceptable.