cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting on broadband

miikew

Still waiting on broadband

When I signed up for a my broadband I selected the date of the 17th for it to be installed and as I needed to be in for the engineer to be able to set it up I took the day off work. I was then later told that a engineer would not be able to do the 17th, so the date was then moved to the 24th (1 day annual leave wasted). Then a few days before the 24th I got a message saying that I would not have to be in for the engineer to do the required work (2 days of annual leave wasted). 

Well the 24th has been and gone and I still do not have broadband. I have tried phoning the "award winning" customer service but there is something like a 45 minute wait to speak to an adviser. so Im using this to vent my frustration in the hope that something might be done.  

I moved to plusnet from virgin as I had had enough of their woeful customer support and Im now instantly regretting my decision. Atleast virgin could sort their act out enough to install the internet when promised. 

3 REPLIES 3
rhumber

Re: Still waiting on broadband

I feel your pain, I had no internet before I moved to a new house and had the same problems.

Here's the post I've just put up!  Absolutely awful service.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/I-want-to-cancel-my-order-and-refund-all-monies-owing-to-me/t...

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi miikew and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear the date changed for your installation of the services. Checking through your account I can see we gave you the date of 17/11/17 which would adhere with the standard lead time we give for line activations although we do state "* Sometimes, circumstances beyond our control may alter your switch date. We'll keep you informed of any changes".
Checking into why the date changed to 22/11/17 it looks to have been engineer availability in the area causing this change and I can see you arranged to change it to 24/11/17 so you could be in the property.

With phone installations it's very hit and miss in whether the engineer would need to visit the property at all but we do expect customers to be available if needed. I can see we received word that all the work could be done externally and we informed you as soon as possible so you weren't waiting in and no one turn up.

In regards to your broadband order I can see it completed on the 24/11/17 and that the connection started showing on our side on Monday afternoon. the connection is looking spot on from our side at the moment however let us know if there's any problems moving forwards.

rhumber

Not sure where the 22nd date same from as I was told 24th was earliest date possible, this then switched to 5th Dec and when I rang you then it was changed to 27th Nov, then I got another text saying it had been changed to 5th Dec again!

Anyway I’ve cancelled everything now as I was fed up with being messed about and also it didn’t give me much faith in your company when every time I rang you I had to wait 30 Mins and then got transferred to another dept to wait again!