cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting despite what the computer promised

FIXED
mike800966

Still waiting despite what the computer promised

Hi everyone. I dont know whats going on perhaps pn are getting too busy for their boots!

When I agreed ( Monday 14th Nov to upgrade to fibre from adsl I was told by the advisor that no engineer needed to call. Two days later I got the new router but heard nothing further.

Last saturday I eventually got thru to chase it up  and was told that the engineers were needed to make changes  and that activation would be Fri Dec 6th.

Suddenly I got lots of automatic messages  and eventually I got one last  Sunday evening saying that all was now complete!

Of course only the original service is working , thank heavens , but I dont have a lot of confidence that anything will happen on Dec 6th. Tried this afternoon to contact them but couldnt wait long enough.

I wonder if the computer has now dumped all its messages on me and whether It will tell me when I  will get the faster broadband that I was promised

Getting bored now, poor service seems to be the norm, and thats a shame if we are ever to be a great country again

Come on Plusnet

Mike

10 REPLIES 10
hardquest

Re: Still waiting despite what the computer promised

Hi,

You're not alone although i''m switching from sky, and my sky line not active since 24th of november and plus.net saying it only will be active on the 6th of december, so im sitting here wothout internet and i'm sure something else will go wrong with it! 🙈 Pluanet is just horrible!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Fix

Hi @mike800966 and welcome to the forums,

Don't worry I suspect the upgrade will happen on schedule on the 6th. The automated system is a bit messed up regarding upgradesSad When you place the order, a provisional date for the upgrade is assigned. This usually gets changed due to BT engineer availablilty. Yes, they don't need to come to your house, but they DO need to do work at the local cabinet. All the automatic messages for the account change to fibre seem to be generated according to the original provisional date but the real change to fibre (as you've discovered ) doesn't happen until later, 6th December in your case. In you wish to get further confirmation of the actual date then you can of course call (or chat) the CSC but you could also check in the BT ADSL checker https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker . Put in your phone number and in the details ( below the speed estimates ) you should find a sentenece along the lines ' there is an active order on your line due to complete on ....' . That's the actul date the fibre changeover is committed for.

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mike800966

Thank you very much. I have had a look and thats exactly what it says. I feel that I just have to be a bit more patient despite all the duff messages from Plusnet

Thanks Again

Mike

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

BTW the new router you've been sent ( a Hub One I assume ) will work on your existing ADSL connection as well as the new Fibre. So if you wished to minimise any downtime on the changeover day you could install the new router beforehand and make any configuration changes you need e.g wifi password etc. Then on the day you should only need to reboot the router when the changeover happens.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hardquest

Why is it called fiber? As i know fiber using fiber optic cables not just some copper cables, so why is it called fiber? as well why is "fiber" is limited only to "20" mb upload speed? As in other countries they give you same speed as down/up?Huh

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It's actually FTTC , Fibre to the Cabinet. There is also FTTP , Fibre to the Premises, but that's not very common and so we tend ( wrongly perhaps ) to use the generic Fibre to mean FTTC in most cases.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @mike800966

Apologies for any confusion surrounding the dates you've been advised here.

Looking at your account, I can't see that we ever advised the order would complete on 14/11/16 as I believe it was after this when you arranged the update. Unless this is regarding a different account (Would you mind dropping me a PM with your username so I can double check this, thanks)

However this does not change the fact that communication regarding your fibre order could have certainly been much better.

I do sincerely apologise for any confusion caused by emails confirming the order had completed despite the fact that it is not due to complete until 06/12/16. This is something I have passed feedback on previously.

Looking at the order, I can confirm that the order is committed and we would expect the fibre service to activate on this date. If you're having any problems with the service following this, please do let us know and we'll get that chased up for you.

Essentially the advice given by @MisterW is correct.

I hope this helps. Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mike800966

Well I dont know about that, I have tried the new router twice and after all sorts of coloured lights it eventually goes red  which apparently means that "something is wrong"

I presumed that it wouldn't work until the fibre change was made which I now understand from the BT website to be Dec 6th. 

For now, I am just happy to have a working system whilst I research exactly what to do to make my tv smart and watch catchups etc

Very grateful for all the info

Mike

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Thank you for the response @mike800966

I hope everything goes smoothly on the 6th, feel free to contact us again if you have more queries in relation to this. We will be happy to help you in any way we can of course.

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Well I dont know about that, I have tried the new router twice and after all sorts of coloured lights it eventually goes red  which apparently means that "something is wrong"

That doesn't sound good. I understood that the Hub one would work on either ADSL or Fibre without reconfiguration. If I'm are correct then it sounds like yours isn't getting your user details correctly.

If my assumptions are correct then could one of the Help Team check that the router is correctly registered to the account ?