cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting (2 weeks+) for fibre broadband (new customer). Not happy at all !!

FIXED
BlueLion

Still waiting (2 weeks+) for fibre broadband (new customer). Not happy at all !!

I'm a new customer trying to get broadband for the first time so that I can shop online, as physical shopping is difficult for me now.

Signed-up (with great difficulty!) for Unlimited Fibre on 08Oct20.  Phone line activated the next day, HOWEVER ... no sign of broadband activation yet, over 2 weeks later.

On the 'Broadband Order Tracker' page in my account, it's stuck at Step 5 - 'Activating your line' : "Broadband orders typically take a week to complete. We're waiting for confirmation that your broadband order, due {strCustActivationdate}, has completed."

And on the Order Status for the 'Plusnet Hub One', it shows "Hardware dispatch pending. The order has not yet been placed"

Have tried DM-ing @plusnethelp on Twitter & followed-up with a direct Tweet to them - both without reply.

Please can someone from plusnet support look into this urgently & let me know what's happening ?

Am seriously fed-up with the situation & considering cancelling the order on the basis that it's not been fulfilled, Grrrr !!

8 REPLIES 8
Laujanpoy95
Hooked

Re: Still waiting (2 weeks+) for fibre broadband (new customer). Not happy at all !!

Same here. Been without WiFi for over two weeks. Received router - but no contact since. No text, no email. Account just says order processing. Live chat is inactive and when I tried to call earlier, they weren't taking calls from anyone so line cut off... Just need a human to talk to and sort out!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Still waiting (2 weeks+) for fibre broadband (new customer). Not happy at all !!

Fix

Thanks a lot for your time on the phone BlueLion, I've documented our conversation and summarized what we're doing on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=207048767 - Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bemrose

Ordered fibre one month ago. Router arrived after three and a half weeks. Phoned after a month to ask when transfer is to happen, told it would be another two weeks. Currently with John Lewis, managed by Plusnet!

Previously with Plusnet for at least 11 years.

Whatever has happen to its great record for service?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Bemrose apologies for the delay with your order. From what I can see your line's due to come across to us on the 19th. Once that's completed, we'll place an order to upgrade your broadband to fibre which normally takes around 5 working days although it would be dependent on engineer availability to carry out external work.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bemrose

January 12th Ordered fibre. February 12th still no fibre Broadband. Helpful message to say would be another 2 weeks with luck.

Not acceptable. Previously with John Lewis managed by Plusnet!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Bemrose 

I apologise for the long delay. I'm afraid that as we'd only placed the transfer order of your phone line on the 5th February, it's due to complete on the 19th due to the minimum lead time of 10 working days we can't speed up.

While I appreciate you're currently with John Lewis Broadband that Plusnet provide, I'm afraid that we'd have to follow all the same rules with regards to transferring a line just like if you were moving from another provider.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bemrose

Paid for Fibre broadband on 12 January, order not actioned until 5th February, over three weeks later.

Is that the kind service that Plusnet is proud of ?

Can nothing be done to allow for such poor service?

No fast track to fix your mistakes?

Now another three weeks to wait, if I am lucky.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Bemrose Unfortunately there is nothing anybody can do to speed up the time it takes to transfer a line from one provider to another due to regulations. Really sorry again for the delay with processing your order in the first instance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet