cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still not connected

lizellis

Still not connected

So I decided to switch to fibre at the end of November and the info I was given was it would take 10 days. Here I am nearly in January and nothing. No info about when it will happen, nothing.

Tried to contact via chat yesterday but obviously closed over Christmas.

I got my router a couple of weeks ago and just got notification my current provider (John Lewis - also Plusnet I believe and which also took actual months to set up) is going to be debiting me next week.

Why is Plusnet so bad at porting? I went with them because they are UK based but do wonder if I wouldn’t be better off elsewhere.

Any suggestions appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
lizellis

Re: Still not connected

For additional lolz, I forgot to mention the one email I did get telling me to claim my reward now I’m ‘up and running’.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@lizellis 

I can think of two possible explanations:

1. Your JL account stays open until your final bill is produced. Therefore both might currently be active. To find out just plug your Plusnet hub in and see if it automatically picks up your Plusnet credentials. The JL bill could be your closing bill or another Plusnet/JL accounts screw up.

2. The change never went through properly.

I'm sure a Plusnet staffer will be along either today or tomorrow to clarify.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

lizellis

It never occurred to me that I could be getting two supplies at the same time! I didn’t know it was possible but I guess since one is fibre maybe it is? I’ll check it out when I get home from work, thank you.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@lizellis it isn't possible and @Baldrick1  wasnt suggesting that. He was suggesting that the two accounts may be active but only one can actually be providing the service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lizellis

Quite so. I’m still on the old supplier. Hopefully someone will get back to me tomorrow.