cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no word on a broadband start date...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Still no word on a broadband start date...

Thanks for getting back to me @hohoholmes 

I apologise for the issues and confusion. Having checked your order today I can see the transfer of your phone line completed earlier this morning and this appears to have been a software change with no engineering work involved.

There seems to more to this than meets the eye. Looking at the broadband system records of your line, it appears that Sky are providing their service on both their own and BT equipment, normally it's one or the other for example we'd use BT equipment. The records are showing your broadband's still active and working with Sky so I hope that's the case.

I suspect that the rejection message we received on the broadband order of "cease order in progress" may have been referring to the transfer of your phone line that was still in place and completed today. It's possible that on this occasion the supplier systems weren't able process the phone and broadband transfer together due to the differing equipment. 

Apologies for the complexity. I've now placed an order to transfer your broadband across to us and this should complete in 10 working days, I'll confirm the activation date within 24-48 hours.

If your broadband's not currently working let me know so I can investigate further. If that's the case I'd expect the transfer order I've just placed to fail and I'd then need to raise a records query with our suppliers to update the systems to show that broadband's not currently on the line so I can place an order to reprovide your broadband asap.

I'll monitor the progress throughout the day.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone @hohoholmes As discussed even though the system records are showing your broadband's active and you've said your broadband is working still, the transfer order I placed this morning has been rejected in the supplier system with the same "cease order in progress" message.

I've discussed this at length with our suppliers and they're unable to see any open order on the back of the previously rejected orders we had placed. The recommendation was for you to contact Sky to check with Openreach for an open cease order on your line. If your broadband service does disconnect, I'll make sure we reprovide the service as quickly as possible.

Please feel free to get back to me by replying to the ticket from Here, posting back on here or calling me back. I'm in the office until 4:30pm this afternoon but I'll be back tomorrow from 8am as I'm on early shifts.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hohoholmes
Grafter

I've contacted sky again and they are looking into the issue they've said they'll get back to me within 48hrs.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update, keep me posted on the progress Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet