cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no word on a broadband start date...

hohoholmes
Grafter

Still no word on a broadband start date...

I subscribed to plusnet broadband on 19th June and the first payment of 18.99 was taken on 22nd. I waited and waited, checking the order status everyday and it was stuck on checking line. I called plusnet on 8th July to ask what was happening and they said it was being referred to provisions as my subscription was cancelled??? They said I would receive an email confirming the order had gone back through within 24hours. I still haven't received an email and the order tracker is up to step 4 (first payment made) with no progress... My partner is a key worker working from home and I switched to plusnet because of the problems were having with sky broadband being slow. I'm starting to feel like I've made a mistake switching to plusnet. I'm 24 days on from initially subscribing... I've paid my first payment and I'm no further forward...
18 REPLIES 18
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Still no word on a broadband start date...

Thanks for getting in touch @hohoholmes 

I'm sorry for the problems with transferring your service from your existing provider. I've looked into this for you and I can see that the transfer order has been rejected by our suppliers due to a system issue. Once the order's cancelled in their systems I'll re-place the order and we'll confirm the transfer date. 

Unfortunately once we've placed the order this will be at least 10 working days in to the future still because the standard, minimum lead time starts when the order's accepted by our suppliers and there isn't anything we can do to speed this up. In the meantime, if you're having issues with your existing service I'd advise raising a fault with the existing provider.

I'm taking this on personally moving forward and I'll provide an update later on today or tomorrow at the latest. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@hohoholmes wrote: My partner is a key worker working from home and I switched to plusnet because of the problems were having with sky broadband being slow.

As@Gandalf says if you have problems with your existing service, get them fixed. Changing supplier will not change the cabling route that the internet takes to get to you. You will still have a slow connection if there are local network issues i.e. line faults etc.

Edit: presumably you've been here to see what you should be getting.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
hohoholmes
Grafter

Yeah. It was more than the broadband being slow. There have been other issues with sky. Part of the issue with it bei g slow was due to signal not reaching all parts of the house. I was unable to obtain signal booster from them so had to buy my own. Its a long drawn out story. Thanks for the reply though.
hohoholmes
Grafter

So what happened the other day when I called and was told he was going to re-place the order? Was that not done?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @hohoholmes 

I can see this was done and the order was rejected because the previously rejected order wasn't fully cancelled in all supplier systems. Unfortunately there can generally only be one order open in Openreach's system at any one time. Once that's fully cancelled I'll personally re-place the order

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
hohoholmes
Grafter

I received an email saying I should contact my current provider to ensure they don't cancel the broadband services as you are still having issues putti g the order through.

Hi, I contacted sky and they said as far as they're concerned there is no issue and services with them will be cancelled on 29th July.

Am I able to cancel the switch with yourselves as its becoming too much hard work for something which should be simple.

My partner and I are both now working from home and I can't afford the possibility of going without broadband.

Would I receive a refund for the initial payment I made to yourselves?

Thanks
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @hohoholmes,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you wish to cancel your orders. I can see they are on track for the date mentioned and I would say the orders should go through despite your recent experience, however I appreciate your apprehension about working from home, it is ultimately your decision.

If you wish to cancel your orders and leave us, please speak to our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632, between:

08:00 and 20:00 Monday - Friday
09:00 and 19:00 Saturday
09:00 and 18:00 Sunday

Thanks - Tahir

hohoholmes
Grafter

Him I've decided jot to cancel in the hope that it all works out. Can you tell me when I'm likely to receive the router etc by so I know if there's any issues?
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back to us. 

This has been processed for delivery for you, as our hardware is sent Royal Mail 1st Class I'd expect the router to be with you very shortly. 

Let us know if you need anything else.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
hohoholmes
Grafter

Can I just confirm as I'm slightly on edge about this. I still haven't received the router... I'm guessing it'll come today? Is my plusnet broadband due to go live tomorrow? That's the date my sky broadband ends and as I've mentioned previously my partner and I are both working from home so it's essential.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @hohoholmes 

I understand your concern and I just tried to call you today to discuss this but there was no answer.

I can see we've dispatched your router this morning and you should receive this within the next couple of days. As per my update via ticket 203437854 on 16th July though, we're only currently transferring your phone line to us, because the broadband order failed in the system advising "Cease order in progress" which may indicate that your existing provider is in the process of stopping the active broadband service rather than allow us to take it over.

Once your phone line is transferred to us, I'll place another order to transfer your broadband across to us or if your broadband's ceased then I'll place an order to reprovide broadband back on to the line as quickly as we can.

It may be a bit late now but if you haven't done so already I also advised that in the meantime to contact your existing provider to confirm they've not placed an order to stop your service as this would leave you with downtime.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hohoholmes
Grafter

This is getting beyond a joke... I was advised to contact my current provider to ask them to cease the order to ensure my broadband wasn't cancelled on the 29th because you were having issues. I contacted them and they said as far as they're concerned there are no issues. The service with them was due to cancel 29th July and there should be no issues. I contacted yourselves a week ago and advised I wanted to cancel the order due to all the problems I'm having and tge response was "I can see they are on track for the date mentioned and I would say the orders should go through despite your recent experience" so I decided not to cancel.... I contacted sky again today and they confirm service is due to cancel tomorrow. I then called plusnet Today and was told I'm past the point of no return and as far as cancelling the transfer of the line and that if I did I'd be left without broadband.... I was then told as long as I have my router which I do now I should be up and running... Now you're telling me I'm not going to have broadband and only a phone line... Seriously... What is happening. I'm supposed to be working from home tomorrow as is my partner... Why is this happening???
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

It is happening because you asked your current supplier to cancel your broadband.

Unless you were with Virgin media, phone and broadband provision should be new supplier lead. BT systems can only have one order on a line at any one time, so if you cancel with your supplier, your new supplier can't place an order until the first order completes.