cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no update

Sazava

Still no update

I'm extremely sorry to see that your order has not yet been fulfilled, I appreciate the delay is frustrating so your comments about this are understandable. I have checked with our suppliers Openreach, they have advised that the faulty ports issue is still open so they are unable to provide a further update until 7th December 2018. As this is a process that needs engineers to be available on the ground to carry out the work, it is not something that can be escalated, so we are having to wait for the task to be completed. Engineers are delegated by Openreach, delegation is typically dictated by engineer availability only, unless there are other factors such as maintenance work requiring third-party authorisation or planning. I realise this is not quite the answer you are looking for today, however I can assure you that I am keen to ensure you get your services installed. I have requested our Provisioning Team to continue to advise you of any progress, in addition as part of the Social Media team I will also be checking back on your order to ensure you are kept informed, as the order is followed up and completed. I trust this answers your query, however do let us know if you need anything further.“.

5.30 pm and still no update! Shocking service. I regret having joined Plusnet

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Quote fixed.

6 REPLIES 6
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: Still no update

Hello @Sazava,

We are sincerely sorry that you haven't received an update as of yet. The department that our provisioning team would need to speak to are closed over the weekend and we do need to give them the rest of the day to respond.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Sazava

Time for me to write a report to Which .
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

About whom? The issue here appears to be the tardiness of Openreach fixing a fault, sadly PN don’t have any control over this.

The lack of communication is frustrating, but not sure that on its own is worthy of a complaint to which.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Sazava

Yes it is because Plusnet should have made sure that Fibre was available AND ready in my street before happily offering it to me on the 8th of November with a 12 month contract .
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Sazava,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've read your thread and digested your comments and the responses from other community members. I can fully appreciate why you're frustrated with the delays to your order which have been caused by a port fault in the exchange. I can see that we've been liaising with yourself and our suppliers via a ticket here.

In terms of us checking for a fault prior to the order being placed, I'm afraid what you've asked for is impractical and in most cases, impossible. As I am sure you can appreciate, when we place a new order for a broadband product, we are only able to check whether fibre is generally available in your area. We are unable to assess the condition of the line, or the equipment in the exchange. We have no way of knowing which cabinet or ports you'll be connected to in the exchange in advance of your order being placed (a process which happens at least 14 days AFTER your order has been placed) and we're unable to test a line which in most cases either belongs to another ISP or has been ceased/made inactive.

We place all orders in good faith but cannot account for faults that may occur as part of that process. Essentially, we cannot predict the future. We will of course work with our suppliers to resolve any faults that we are made of aware of, as soon as we are made aware of them.

In terms of your open fault, we've been asked by our suppliers to contact them on Monday to gain further information - as soon as this happens we'll be in touch via your fault ticket with an update.

Thanks for your patience whilst we get this resolved.

Best wishes

Dave