cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no phone, no broadband

FIXED
waynec

Still no phone, no broadband

I have rather long outstanding ticket relating to getting a phone line and broadband up following moving house in mid-July.

Speaking to someone from CSC on Friday, openreach were supposedly going to complete the fibre order on Monday (yesterday). As of this morning I still have no dial tone and the plusnet router is indicating a problem with the line. Seeing as phone lines seem to be down for anything useful at the moment I'm having to post on here in an effort to work out what's going on now.

Related to this I've just been billed for August which I'm not particularly happy about given that Plusnet aren't actually providing me with any service at all at the moment.

4 REPLIES 4
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Still no phone, no broadband

Hello @waynec,

I am sorry to hear that and for the inconvenience that has been caused. I have sent you a detailed email in regards to your query, you can also view my response on your members portal, here is the link:- Click Here

Please let us know if we can assist you further. 

waynec

Thanks for the update on my account. Following a visit from an Openreach engineer last Friday I now having a working phone line and broadband which is a great improvement.

However, I'm not seeing download speeds beyond 6/7mbps on what is meant to be a 38mbps fibre package. Oddly upload speeds are fine and can reach up to 9mbps. Why are my download speeds so poor?

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Fix

Hi @waynec

Glad to hear you now have a working phone and broadband service.

After testing the line, I have identified the speed coming through to the router as 40Mbps. However, the connection profile on your account did not match the speed of your service. I have increased the connection profile to match your speed, please turn your router off then back on and let us know if you see an improvement.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
waynec

Thanks for that @Jubby! Latest speed test now shows 30mbps down and 8mpbs up, so looks like you've sorted it.