cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no internet! After 24 hours

Gadgetgoblin

Still no internet! After 24 hours

So, I decided to change from sky fibre to plusnet. Change over was supposed to happen yesterday. It didn't and no I've been cut off with sky I'm left with no internet. I'm furious! I rang today and ally hey told me was that it would be all sorted before midnight and I'd get an email to confirm all was ok. Well it's now 10pm and I haven't received anything and don't hold out much hope for it being sorted in the next 2 hours. 

What at are my options as I'm worried it will take longer from reading other reports of the same issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Still no internet! After 24 hours

Sorry for the problems you experienced and sorry to see that you've cancelled your services with us.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Gadgetgoblin

Hi Chris, sorry for the late reply. I personally am absolutely disgusted with the service I received. As said before to be given a date and then get fobbed off and have no internet for 48 hours after the go live date is unacceptable. By looking at other members this seems to be a recurring problem. If id known I wouldn't have bothered transferring from Sky to you. Thanks to PlusNet I will now be with out the internet until the 24th of this month meaning it would of been 3 weeks in total of no service. Still that's a small price to pay than rather being locked into an 18 month contract with you if this was a sign of things to come. I was told I wouldn't have any disruption with the change over!

I also haven't been refunded the month up front that I paid for either

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I have to be honest and say that the service would have been up and running sooner if you stayed with us. There were issues at the exchange, which can unfortunately happen, whichever provider you're with. Presumably the delay until the 24th will be because the phone side of things had already completed.

Having looked into the refund, it seems like £16.99 was sent back to your card. I have issued a refund for the remainder of your initial payment.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet