cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no broadband and activation

reoko

Still no broadband and activation

I originally registered with plusnet as they had stated to take between 7-10 days for the broadband activation and I needed a broadband in haste, however it is now the 13th day and my phone line has been activated but my broadband is without status. What is holding it up? 

In addition to this despite being double charged when I registered which was solved swiftly, I still receive every single email on my account twice, when sent from plusnet,  I hope this does not mean I will be double charged again next month.

I need my fibre broadband urgently. 

3 REPLIES 3
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Still no broadband and activation

Hi @reoko,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for contacting us with your query.

OK from looking into this for you I can see that your fibre broadband connection is committed for the 01/11/2017 and this can take up to midnight to complete. Now the reason why it is going to be completed on this date is just simply down to engineer availability in your area because they don't need to attend your premises however they still need to install the service on your line at the cabinet.

reoko

My broadband installation is supposed to take 25 days to be processed? I already paid for the service and I am being charged less than a week after the installation of my broadband again. Surely there is something wrong here? I was told it would take 10 days. Why am I supposed to pay for no service? 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

We'll provide you with a pro-rata discount on your next invoice to cover the period between your phone service and broadband service going live. Apologies for the delay, engineer availability isn't within our control I'm afraid.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet