cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no activation!

FIXED
mavmac

Still no activation!

I was assured that downtime will be minimal when switching over. I am without broadband connection now for 2nd day. My phone line went live yesterday. We are working at home and children doing online classes. Can someone help me please to see what is the problem? I’m starting to regret switching now.
7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Still no activation!

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mavmac

It is not fair that some issues here get reply from Plusnet moderator and some don’t. I have been promised broadband activation yesterday and today and I’m still chasing this up to now. If my broadband doesn’t get activated by tomorrow then I will cancel my order and I will ask for compensation for the days my husband and I couldn’t work. PLUSNET - please don’t make false promises of seamless switch!!
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators are just customers like yourself.

Have you tried calling to see what the issue is?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mavmac

Thank you for your reply. I spoke with them 3x and twice they assured me it was processing fine and will activate on midnight that day and next day. The third call went nowhere and said we will call you back tomorrow.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for your post @mavmac 

I'm sorry for the delay with your order. I've chased this up with our suppliers helpdesk and the adviser's escalated this to the relevant team to manually complete the order as it looks to be stuck in the system.

The adviser's also noted that all the relevant work has been carried out which means that in theory you should be able to connect to the internet even with the fibre order not yet completed. I've activated your account now so there should be nothing our side from stopping you getting online once you've setup your router.

If you can't get online though it's likely that something on the open order is preventing this so we'd have to wait until the order's completed. We'll monitor the order and make sure it's completed as soon as we can.

Let me know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mavmac

Thank you for following it up, very much appreciated. I switched on the router and it looks like it is working now. Happy days in my household.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Awesome! No problem at all @mavmac

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet