cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no FTTC after more than 3 months of trying!

Graham-Davis
Hooked

Still no FTTC after more than 3 months of trying!

This appears to be a never ending tale of woe. I upgraded from ADSL to unlimited fibre on the Internet in September but the order was never placed. Despite 2 more upgrade attempts and many hours on the phone, with numerous support questions being raised I am still without fibre. I thought that I had made real progress when I finally got to speak to somebody in provisioning who placed the order for me whilst I was on the phone to them. I get nofitication that my order will complete by 13 December and big smiles all round. Then today, only a couple of days later, I get an email from you saying that there is a problem with the order. All I want is fibre Internet from an ISP! I am beginning to think it is too much to ask. Please please could someone from plusnet take ownership of this and solve it for me?
6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Still no FTTC after more than 3 months of trying!

Sorry for the issues you've had in trying to get fibre.

I'm a bit disappointed in how we've been handling this, because I can see we've only just placed the fibre order with our suppliers on the 01/12/2018, which is due to complete on the 13/12/2018.

Regarding the notification you've received that there's a problem with your order, it looks like your account was picked up on by our products team yesterday as the account is showing as fibre when you're not receiving it.

They then processed a request in our system to place your fibre order with our suppliers, which ultimately didn't go through, because it was already placed a few days before.

I'll ensure that feedback is passed on to the appropriate people involved, as this could've been sorted long ago.

I've moved your support ticket 183781362 to my teams workflow ,so we can check back on this day. We'll ensure that any money paid to us for a fibre service you haven't had is refunded or credited back to you.

Apologies for what I can see has been a frustrating experience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Graham-Davis
Hooked

Thank you for the apology and the explanation above. Hopefully all will be well come the 13th December.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem and fingers crossed it goes smoothly from this point on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Graham-Davis

I can confirm your fibre order has completed. Doesn't look like you've got a connection anymore though, is your new router setup and plugged in?

I've also added a reply to your support ticket 183781362 making you an offer for a gesture of goodwill. 

Hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Graham-Davis
Hooked

Thank you for the goodwill gesture which I am pleased to accept. I am unable to check my connection as I am away until Sunday but I will check as soon as I am back. My router is set up and plugged in, it may need rebooting?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Graham, I've applied the goodwill gesture now.

I'd try a factory reset of the router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pinhole at the back for 20 seconds.

Let us know how it goes when you're back home.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet