Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still awaiting a visit from my engineer after nearly a month

rgouther
Dabbler

Still awaiting a visit from my engineer after nearly a month

Hi,

I've joined up in early July and had set a date of 19/07 for my engineer/installation visit. I took the day off work and waited in but the engineer did not show up. I attempted to call the helpline from my mobile but was consistently met with 45 minute + queues and, most frustratingly, the line kept going dead after a half hour. I have no landline to call from, as I am a new tenant awaiting the line installation from BT, courtesy of Plusnet. I must add that a calling card was put through my door on Friday 21/07 - however this was not my arranged appointment. I have a full time weekday job and can't be expected to take another day off.

I'm currently paying for a service I am not using, I am amazed I have had no email contact from Plusnet. Had there been an inbound email facility I would have sent an enquiry myself a while ago. I read somewhere that Plusnet don't have that facility due to the potential for spam which I find incredible (I work in an inbound contact centre and our general inbound email is an invaluable point of contact).

So I write here as a cry for help. Can somebody please, please, reply to me and sort this out as I can only spend so much on tethering my 4G. I'd also ask that my first month be reimbursed or credited back to me because I've not been provided with the service I paid for and I feel this is in breach of our my contract terms. I also took a day off work and waited in and nobody turned up, I wasn't best pleased and I had to use 7.5 hours of my precious holiday balance. 

Regards, 

Rob.

10 REPLIES 10
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Still awaiting a visit from my engineer after nearly a month

You may find http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights useful (if you have to take a second day off work you can claim).

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry about the issues you've had.

I can see we e-mailed you back on the 9th regarding the new engineer date as there was no availability for the 19th.

To get your line installed we'll need you to be in for another engineer visit. These are only available during the week I'm afraid,

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rgouther
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply.

Can you confirm what email address the aforementioned email was sent to? 

Also moving forward, can you give me a list of available dates please.

All future email correspondence should be sent to  [Removed]

Thanks.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

rgouther
Dabbler

I have just logged into what appears to be a plusnet email account to find several emails. I wasn't aware that I had an email account. That being said, it's hugely inconvenient to rearrange my appointment without receiving confirmation from me that it is an acceptable time for me to be in. 

I am not accepting responsibility as you have tried to apportion to me by stating; 

"Please make sure you give us correct details to pass on to the engineer, as this was the reason for the installation not being successful."

I strongly refute this, my instruction was for you to come to my house on the date arranged during my sign up process and I gave you no instructions to the contrary. I will be sending an email reply to the support email address detailing the same information.

If you provide me with an appointment I will make sure somebody is in the house at that time to meet the engineer but I certainly won't be taking another day off of work and I will not be paying the £65 charge that it is suggested I may incur. As an initial experience with Plusnet this has not been pleasant at all and had I not received such positive reviews from friends I would be taking my business elsewhere. 

Regards.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

@rgouther wrote:
All future email correspondence should be sent to  [Removed]

They will send emails to the address you specify on your account details: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=edit_details&s=0

rgouther
Dabbler

Thanks for pointing this out, it's not easy to access email on a new platform when I don't have any internet installed in my home yet.

Nobody contacted me regarding this today and that's another day gone. I'm getting seriously fed up waiting.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'd recommend updating your e-mail address here so that you receive communications from us.

Can you reply to this ticket and we'll get the engineer rebooked for you.

Thanks

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero

@Gandalf

How will changing the email address make it easier when the issue making it difficult is the lack of an internet connection?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Many people access email from multiple devices, including mobiles, so ensuring the contact details we hold are correct is a good move.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Not disagreeing with that - see message 6 in this topic (two posts before Gandalf's)!

I just don't see how it would help in this case!