Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of my Order

Gadalfplease

Status of my Order

Hiya,

I hope you might be able to help.

I originally requested my installation date to be 7/9/2017 - as my previous broadband service ended. For some reason, it was changed to 22/8/2017 - except I wasn't able to be home then.

Installation was then rearranged for 14/9/2017, so I am without internet at home for a week. However on 5/9/17 I got an email saying:

When you signed up for Plusnet Broadband, we gave you an estimated line speed range. Now that your broadband has been up and running for 14 days, we wanted to let you know your line speed as it stands today, as a comparison.

But no one has been to install my phone line (currently a Virgin one). How can this be possible? I plugged in the provided router into the Virgin line - but predictably its not working.

I just want to be sure that my billing wasn't started 2 weeks ago, and that the service is still scheduled for installation for 14th. What would happen if I were to cancel now?

Also, as a side note, I am a little disappointed that online chat hasn't been available (at least on the 3 occasions I have tried), as this would have been my preferred method of contact with you guys .

Cheers for your help though, appreciate it Smiley

Best regards, Darryl

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Status of my Order

Hi Darryl.

I'm taking a look at this for you now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry about the confusing messages, lack of communication and admittedly poor experience

I originally requested my installation date to be 7/9/2017 - as my previous broadband service ended. For some reason, it was changed to 22/8/2017 - except I wasn't able to be home then.

This was due to the provisioning adviser that placed your order, and then the second adviser that checked your order, both of whom failing to read the notes which advise you'd like your service installed for the 7th September.

Installation was then rearranged for 14/9/2017, so I am without internet at home for a week.

After discussing this with our suppliers, I've determined that the work at the exchange was completed prior to the 22nd August, but the installation was still delayed to the 14th September due to engineer availability.

In light of the fact that our suppliers had previously committed the order to the 22nd August, I've tried to get the appointment expedited, unfortunately each time Openreach amend an appointment, they submit a new pro-forma to the losing service provider [Virgin] to advise of the new port date for your phone number and this takes a minimum of 3 working days.

So an expedite won't really speed things up. Sad

However on 5/9/17 I got an email saying:
When you signed up for Plusnet Broadband, we gave you an estimated line speed range. Now that your broadband has been up and running for 14 days, we wanted to let you know your line speed as it stands today, as a comparison.

It looks like the broadband side of things activated on your account on the 22nd August even though the order hasn't yet completed which resulted in you receiving that automated email.

But no one has been to install my phone line (currently a Virgin one). How can this be possible? I plugged in the provided router into the Virgin line - but predictably its not working.

Apologies again about the confusing messages and for any inconvenience caused.

I just want to be sure that my billing wasn't started 2 weeks ago

Whilst I'd like to say that's the case, it unfortunately isn't. In this instance, we'll need to provide you with a refund of any service you've essentially paid for but can't use.

and that the service is still scheduled for installation for 14th.

It is indeed.

What would happen if I were to cancel now?

As the orders are not yet complete, if you'd like to cancel I'd recommend discussing this with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 [Selecting Option 1, then Option 2].
With that said, I'll be happy to keep a watchful eye over this for you if you decide to carry on with your order.

Also, as a side note, I am a little disappointed that online chat hasn't been available (at least on the 3 occasions I have tried), as this would have been my preferred method of contact with you guys.

Sorry about that, it's just a temporary measure. There's a bit of info on this over here

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any questions etc. Smiley

Thanks,
Anoush

EDIT: Corrected formatting.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Me again.

It looks like the engineer completed the work and your connection is now working.

The orders are yet to fully complete so we'll check this tomorrow for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet