cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start date requested as 19th Dec, txt message says Phone starts on 5th Dec!?

tz1_1zt

Start date requested as 19th Dec, txt message says Phone starts on 5th Dec!?

My SSE contract has an end date of 18th Dec, so I requested that new Plusnet phone and broadband begins on the 19th.

Two text messages say;
New phone line comes active on 5th December
New broadband come active on 6th December.

There is a support ticket on my account entered by [CSA Removed] who took my order, dated 22/11/17, requesting a start date of the 19th Dec, but with no updates or acknowledgements. I don't want SSE to throw a spanner in the works because Plusnet try to take over while I'm still in contract to SSE.

Can you help please?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Start date requested as 19th Dec, txt message says Phone starts on 5th Dec!?

Welcome to the community forums @tz1_1zt

I've requested your activation date to be changed to the 19th now.

When we've got confirmation of this from our suppliers, we'll let you know.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tz1_1zt

Re: Start date requested as 19th Dec, txt message says Phone starts on 5th Dec!?

Many thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, let us know how your activation goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tz1_1zt

Thank you @Gandalf. Letter arrived from SSE yesterday saying "..we see you are changing provider.. your new provider will take over on the 5th December..".

This is frustrating;

1. I requested 18th December when I ordered the service, this was recorded but not acted on by your sales people.
  2. You then kindly corrected it to 18th December.
  3. Then a letter arrives a week later from SSE saying "your contract with us ends on the 5th...". It also says that I do not owe them anything for termination or change over.

Can you look into this again. Will SSE turn off my broadband on the 5th, or do they just let it run until you guys flick the switch. Because of this confusion I don't want to be without phone and BB from the 5th until the 18th. 

Regards,
David

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If SSE follow the rules, they should just leave things alone.  I would suspect that the original date started things rolling, which includes telling SSE, who are obliged to tell you.  I recently went through the same situation transferring in from BT.  It all worked as expected in spite of the confusing communications with the earlier dates.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tz1_1zt

Thanks @Townman. Fingers crossed it all goes as you suggest it should.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi David.

We're taking over the line on the 19th, so I'd expect your service at the moment to carry on working until then.

It may be worth contacting SSE just to make sure they leave things their side open until that's happened.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet