cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard to Fibre upgrade date today but no speed difference??

FIXED
Bigfoot1
Hooked

Standard to Fibre upgrade date today but no speed difference??

Friendly guy that sorted my upgrade out said it would go live today,...1st Feb but there is no change?Huh

He said to switch over to the new router Thursday night and it would be on fibre in the morning and i would notice instant increases as I'm not far from the box.

Reading other posts it seems the start dates can be very misleading and you don't seem to get any follow up emails letting you know the status of your order?

Can anyone let me know if I should get a notification that it's live?

How do I know if the engineer has switched it over?....the only message i can find is pasted below but it says "transfer will complete by midnight on 07/02/2019" so does this mean the start date will be on the 7th and not today as I was told???

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Service Notification
6:20pm, Saturday 26 Jan 2019
An update report has been received for this account.

The broadband service is now being transferred to the 21C Network.

The transfer will complete by midnight on 07/02/2019.
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Standard to Fibre upgrade date today but no speed difference??

Fix

Check your phone number on the BT DSLchecker site https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Look amongst the text below the speed estimates, it should say something like

'There is an open order on this line , due to complete on ....'

That's the day the engineer is scheduled to do the change. Your original date has likely been put back from the 1st due to engineer availability. The PlusNet automated system is not very good at detecting this and notifying of it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bigfoot1
Hooked

Thanks, i'll take a look...

Bigfoot1
Hooked

Perfect advice, thank you....it says "open order due to complete on the 6th Feb" so fingers crossed!

It's the not knowing that's the worst thing so thanks again for your reply.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

No problem. That's consistent with

transfer will complete by midnight on 07/02/2019"

as in Plusnet speak, that really means by 00:00 on the 7th i.e. anytime on the 6th! .

BTW you can plug in the new router any time you like, it's compatible with ADSL as well as Fibre and will automatically resynch when the changeover happens.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.