cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Something went wrong' error message after confirming FTTC package details (12 month contract)

cbdeakin
Hooked

'Something went wrong' error message after confirming FTTC package details (12 month contract)

Hello,

My dad and I tried to sign up twice online for the Unlimited Fibre Extra FTTC package, with a 12 month contract, via the official Plus.net website. This was without any extras, like call options.

The order fails after the checkout page is completed (but before the payment details screen is displayed). I think the error message displayed was 'Something went wrong'.

This was done via Chrome browser (no extensions) on a Windows PC.

Please can you investigate if this is a problem with the online order process on Plusnet's end?

Is it possible to sign up for FTTC packages over the phone, and is this number free to call?

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: 'Something went wrong' error message after confirming FTTC package details (12 month contract)

@cbdeakin 

Yes, ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013. 2632. It is free on both land lines and mobiles.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: 'Something went wrong' error message after confirming FTTC package details (12 month contract)

Has the telephone number on which this service is being ordered, been "with" Plusnet before?

Telephone numbers being already associated with dead accounts is a known cause of the order journey failing in the manner you describe.  If the number has been with Plusnet before, it might help if you can recall the account name and advise COTS of it when you call them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

It can happen from time to time I'm afraid, I've just had a look though, and can confirm that an account has NOT been created on our end. If an initial payment was made, it'll remain in a pending status before being bounced back to your account. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
cbdeakin
Hooked

Hello,

We tried to sign up again to the same Plusnet package and it failed again (I updated Chrome and shut off any antivirus software this time).

Then, we went to the previous page and disabled any options to send any offers to us via post, which appear to cause order errors.

Then, the order went through to the next stage (payment details).

Then the account holder entered his debit card details to process the initial payment, which was confirmed via phonecall to his bank. This seemed to work.

Then, we entered direct debit details and afterwards it came up with 'something went wrong' and it looks like the order failed, it also mentioned contacting Plusnet via phone to rectify the issue.

To put it mildly, my dad was pretty fed up by this point.

Can you please confirm if the order even went through at all / and was an account created? We didn't receive any confirmation email from Plusnet.

There's something to be said for an order process that is completed in stages with order progress saved, so that users don't have to keep retrying if there is any kind of order error, and can hopefully correct any problems that occur.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @cbdeakin, thanks for getting back to us. 

I'm really sorry for experience you and your Dad have had trying to sign up online and for the frustration this has caused. It's not the experience we want you to have with us at all!

If you've not received any confirmation from us, then it's very likely the process didn't complete and no account created. If you can pop me a PM over with either the username chosen or full address & postcode, I can double check to see if anything has been created for you Smiley

(to send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message' and in the message please include a link to this thread)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team