cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow to enable broadband service after house move.

mrrobaloba

Slow to enable broadband service after house move.

I've recently moved house and opted to stick with plusnet, entering a new, upgraded contract at my new home. So far my experience has been appalling.

I contacted Plusnet on 5th Nov to arrange the move on the 16th. I was told that you could see that the previous owner was releasing the phone line on the move date (16th) and you would then need to take over the line and enable my FTTC DSL service on it. I'm pretty sure I was told that it would be straight forward and take 5-7 days.

On the 19th I had not heard anything so called to chase the ticket. After a long wait in a phone queue I was eventually politely told that I should go away and wait another 24hrs.

So I did... nothing happened. So 24hrs later I left an update on the ticket asking why.

No update... so on the 22nd I called. The support person said that an order needed to be placed to restart my phone line. It would happen on the 27th. Sure enough on the 27th my phone line started working (over a week after my move date).

At this point I my suspicions were confirmed that Plusnet run a responsive service. i.e. They don't do anything unless you chase them... and even then, you need to get the right support person or your issue is ignored. Why wasn't this done automatically within 24hrs of the phone line being released by previous occupier?

So I updated the ticket to say that the line was working and asked when my DSL connection would start working.

I got a quick reply to this. I was told "...our suppliers need to update the service availability records. This usually takes around 24-48 working hours, but we should be able to place your fibre order after this has been done."

So up to 48hrs wait for Openreach then? OK but it's now been over 48hrs and I've not heard anything.

Tomorrow it will have been 2 weeks since my move. I need to be able to work from home and I have to make use of my 4G phone contract to do this. It is slow and expensive.

I dread having to sit in your long phone queues to ask questions I shouldn't need to ask so am asking here.

Is this likely to be completed this week?Huh

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Slow to enable broadband service after house move.

Hi there.

Sorry that we haven't been picking up your house move ticket up in a timely fashion between one task ending and starting another task to progress the provision of a broadband service at your new address.

I've checked for the latest update and unfortunately I can see your fibre order is committed to complete on the 11/12/2018.

The standard lead time for a fibre order(from when our suppliers receive it) is 5 working days, but I'm afraid it's been delayed due to engineer availability. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mrrobaloba

Hi,

Thanks for your swift reply which contained more detail (the actual live date) than had been previously offered to me from your support desk.

Unlimited fibre service was eventually made available to me on 11/12/2018 as you advised. That's 25 days after my move date.

I have sinced noticed that I've been billed for line rental and unlimited fibre from 26/11/2018. That's 15 days of billing in which I was not able to use your services (other than making calls on a phone line that I only have as a prerequisite). I have updated my support ticket on this matter.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi mrrobaloba@,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused. This isn't the service we aim to provide our customers nor pride ourselves on.

As this is account specific I have updated your complaint ticket here

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.